[OzzModz] SEO & Index Tools [Deleted]

So many files to translate into Bavarian. That is really mega work. I don't want to hope that this Add-on will be discontinued in the next few years. Because a lot of what the Add-on does, other forum applications already have as features. I would suggest that the team of Xenforo therefore work together with the people. So we can get over the next years well with SEO. Or do I see this wrong ?

https://freetools.seobility.net/en/seocheck/check?url=https://schatzsucher.online&crawltype=1 Test :)

I am not a seo professional am glad someone else is doing the work so thanks SEO & Index Tools (y)

translate.webp
Bavarian :) So much translation files has not even Xenforo :) 463 element(s)

Last edited:
You convinced me by MP to persevere using SEO Index & tools claiming that the new version was now stable, I see myself having to deactivate it for the moment, there is a bug with each feature I try to use... Please do what is necessary to release a stable version soon.

Look... Category is not checked as you can see
View attachment 266480
But category is displayed...
View attachment 266481

Either really I didn't understand anything about this add-on and there I apologize or nothing works...
Now fixed in incoming release

I'm on PHP 8.1 and there is a looooooot of problems as you can see above your post...
But I don't see any precautions to take regarding PHP 8 in the description of this addon
This is being addressed for next update
Currently the forum title is attached to all posts. How can I remove that?
Can you check if "Add category title" is not checked for forum thread suffixes? As this option is what causes the forum title to be added.
1648691784452.webp
I'd better wait. I realized that I had installed the 1.0.6 Alpha 3. :D
Nulumia-SeoTools-1.0.5 Release Candidate 9 Is this safer ?
Please check incoming release as there's a substantial amount of improvements.
Nulumia should focus on getting this stable and bug free with current features and not add new major features at every update perhaps.
I appreciate this input, I would however like to mention that many of the last releases have had substantial bugfixes addressing exact reports given by users. The recent releases of AMS literally required re-coding parts of this addon as many users were running into trouble and I decided it was necessary to make backward-compatibility, or some users (especially those whose primary language is not English) would have difficulty determining the correct version.

As with the latest amount of bug-fixes, most of these are only coming in after recent versions so work is going on constantly to get everything addressed.

New update rolling out tonight to address most issues posted so far so please keep an eye.

PHP 8 improvements will not make it into this patch but in the following. Apologies on this delay.

SEO options are displayed for simple users when they create or edit an Article.
How can i avoid this ??
SEO permissions weren't added for AMS it already natively allows users to add custom meta descriptions. I didn't feel making partial custom functionality hidden behind permissions would make much sense.

However this could be changed in another update.

So many files to translate into Bavarian. That is really mega work
Any help translating the addon are extremely appreciated. I am already thinking of a few ways to allow license in return for full translation jobs (which would have to be public available) although I haven't figured out how exactly this could work yet.
I would suggest that the team of Xenforo therefore work together with the people. So we can get over the next years well with SEO. Or do I see this wrong ?
It would be really great for XF to natively have more SEO features. However, I am a firm believer that many of the features an addon such as this adds are outside the scope of any CMS when you're talking core. Even Wordpress barely has any SEO functionality and plugins such as Yoast are worldwide standards and must-haves.

Even if Xenforo were to adopt some of the crucial features from this or other SEO addons, consider that this addon (which I currently believe is the most feature rich and powerful of other choices) is in early public beta and the roadmap yet to come is quite massive.

So I don't see this happening :-/

I don't want to hope that this Add-on will be discontinued in the next few years
If development & product releases were to ever cease under "Nulumia" all products would be transferred to another major developer in the Xenforo community. So it's unlikely this addon could become abandoned.

There is however the case where the new team would not be able to fully develop or support the addon but such a thing would be vetted as best as possible.

Nulumia updated SEO & Index Tools with a new update entry:

Bugfixes - Schema Improvements

Miscellaneous
  • Improved phrasing, removed hard-coded labels, fixed some missing phrases
  • Removed several legacy templates and template modifications
  • Removed a legacy Options group from Admin -> Setup -> Options
  • The legacy "SEO Fields for Content Types" option has been removed, as this is handled via permissions
  • The "Show index column on node list" option has been changed and...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Nearly everything on the last few pages since Alpha 2 should now be knocked out. Thanks especially @nicodak and others for reports.

@nicodak, I believe I got everything, however still unable to replicate your post regarding identical meta fields for XFRM and XFMG. I tried but it worked perfectly on test instances. Even when I cleared all the fields and refreshed. I may need to look at your site with temp permissions to check this out.

@Mr. Jinx and @benFF, and to all regarding feature creep:
Input noted, and I'd like to mention the following. The wave of bug reports in the last few pages did occur during Alpha releases, which is where they're intended to be occurring, and they should almost all now be squashed in a single update.

During Alpha releases, I do intent to implement new features when there is a lull in bug reports. Things were fairly quiet after the major XenAddons legacy releases so that is why the Schema framework started to be implemented.

Also, I somewhat regret making my previous posts regarding the Breadcrumb & URL Rewrite announcement. To make this clear, I mentioned these along with other "dev diary" posts in this thread just to get a background conversation about ideas. These type of posts do not mean they are being worked on or are priorities. This is especially true for the URL Rewrite post. It was only meant to solicit some opinions while the main work is going on. So just getting that out :D.

Public Stable Release 🥳

With this and recent feedback, SEO & Index Tools 1.0.6 or 1.0.7 STABLE will be the intended point of taking this addon out of beta phase. This means that the addon will be considered extremely stable and safe for all live production sites.

For the rest of 1.0.6, the only new features will be schema improvements. Other than that, the focus is weeding out every last present bug or inefficiency.

SEO & Index Tools 1.0.6 Alpha 4​

Code:
Server error log
ErrorException: Template error: [E_WARNING] Undefined variable $canonical src/addons/Nulumia/SeoTools/XF/Template/Templater.php:137
Generated by: Unknown account Mar 31, 2022 at 10:21 AM

Code:
Stack trace
#0 src/addons/Nulumia/SeoTools/XF/Template/Templater.php(137): XF\Template\Templater->handleTemplateError(2, '[E_WARNING] Und...', 's...', 137)
#1 src/addons/Nulumia/SeoTools/XF/Template/Templater.php(35): Nulumia\SeoTools\XF\Template\Templater->templaterFnAvatarUnlink(Object(X0815\Vacation\XF\Template\Templater), false, Object(Andrew\ModeratorPanel\XF\Entity\User), 'xxs', Array)
#2 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1128): Nulumia\SeoTools\XF\Template\Templater->fnAvatar(Object(X0815\Vacation\XF\Template\Templater), false, Object(Andrew\ModeratorPanel\XF\Entity\User), 'xxs', false, Array)
#3 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l2/s30/public/thread_list_macros.php(508): XF\Template\Templater->func('avatar', Array)
#4 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(987): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(X0815\Vacation\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#5 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(923): XF\Template\Templater->renderExtensionInternal('icon_end_cell', Array, Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#6 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l2/s30/public/thread_list_macros.php(537): XF\Template\Templater->renderExtension('icon_end_cell', Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#7 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(824): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(X0815\Vacation\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#8 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l2/s30/public/andy_similarthreads.php(21): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('thread_list_mac...', 'item', Array, Array)
#9 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1651): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(X0815\Vacation\XF\Template\Templater), Array, NULL)
#10 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1680): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('andy_similarthr...', Array)
#11 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l2/s30/public/thread_view.php(1413): XF\Template\Templater->includeTemplate('public:andy_sim...', Array)
#12 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1651): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(X0815\Vacation\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#13 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('thread_view', Array)
#14 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(50): XF\Template\Template->render()
#15 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(460): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('XF:Thread\\View', 'public:thread_v...', Array)
#16 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(442): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#17 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(402): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderReply(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#18 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(60): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#19 src/XF/App.php(2351): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#20 src/XF.php(517): XF\App->run()
#21 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#22 {main}

SEO & Index Tools 1.0.6 Alpha 4​

Code:
Server error log
ErrorException: Template error: [E_WARNING] Undefined variable $canonical src/addons/Nulumia/SeoTools/XF/Template/Templater.php:137
Generated by: Unknown account Mar 31, 2022 at 10:21 AM

Code:
Stack trace
#0 src/addons/Nulumia/SeoTools/XF/Template/Templater.php(137): XF\Template\Templater->handleTemplateError(2, '[E_WARNING] Und...', 's...', 137)
#1 src/addons/Nulumia/SeoTools/XF/Template/Templater.php(35): Nulumia\SeoTools\XF\Template\Templater->templaterFnAvatarUnlink(Object(X0815\Vacation\XF\Template\Templater), false, Object(Andrew\ModeratorPanel\XF\Entity\User), 'xxs', Array)
#2 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1128): Nulumia\SeoTools\XF\Template\Templater->fnAvatar(Object(X0815\Vacation\XF\Template\Templater), false, Object(Andrew\ModeratorPanel\XF\Entity\User), 'xxs', false, Array)
#3 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l2/s30/public/thread_list_macros.php(508): XF\Template\Templater->func('avatar', Array)
#4 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(987): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(X0815\Vacation\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#5 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(923): XF\Template\Templater->renderExtensionInternal('icon_end_cell', Array, Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#6 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l2/s30/public/thread_list_macros.php(537): XF\Template\Templater->renderExtension('icon_end_cell', Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#7 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(824): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(X0815\Vacation\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#8 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l2/s30/public/andy_similarthreads.php(21): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('thread_list_mac...', 'item', Array, Array)
#9 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1651): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(X0815\Vacation\XF\Template\Templater), Array, NULL)
#10 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1680): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('andy_similarthr...', Array)
#11 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l2/s30/public/thread_view.php(1413): XF\Template\Templater->includeTemplate('public:andy_sim...', Array)
#12 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1651): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(X0815\Vacation\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#13 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('thread_view', Array)
#14 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(50): XF\Template\Template->render()
#15 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(460): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('XF:Thread\\View', 'public:thread_v...', Array)
#16 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(442): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#17 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(402): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderReply(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#18 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(60): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#19 src/XF/App.php(2351): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#20 src/XF.php(517): XF\App->run()
#21 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#22 {main}
Checking this

Hey, there are some bugs.

Code:
ErrorException: Template error: [E_WARNING] Illegal string offset 'description' internal_data/code_cache/templates/l5/s0/admin/option_template_nulumiaSeoSchemaBrandingDescription.php:47

Code:
#0 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l5/s0/public/nulumia_seo_schema_macros.php(56): XF\Template\Templater->handleTemplateError(2, '[E_WARNING] Ill...', '/home/artscript ...', 56, Массив)
#1 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(824): XF\Template\Templater->{close}(Object(MaZ\AMP\XF\Template\XF22\Templater), Array, NULL)
#2 src/addons/MaZ/AMP/XF/Template/Templater.php(139): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('nulumia_seo_sch...', 'organization', Array, Array, Object(XF\Template \MacroState))
#3 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l5/s0/admin/option_template_nulumiaSeoSchemaBrandingPreview.php(8): MaZ\AMP\XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('public:nulumia_...', 'organization', Array, Array )
#4 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1651): XF\Template\Templater->{close}(Object(MaZ\AMP\XF\Template\XF22\Templater), Array, NULL)
#5 src/addons/MaZ/AMP/XF/Template/XF22/Templater.php(52): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('option_template...', Array, true, NULL)
#6 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1680): MaZ\AMP\XF\Template\XF22\Templater->renderTemplate('admin:eek:ption_te...', Array)
#7 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l5/s0/admin/option_macros.php(230): XF\Template\Templater->includeTemplate('admin:eek:ption_te...', Array)
#8 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(824): XF\Template\Templater->{close}(Object(MaZ\AMP\XF\Template\XF22\Templater), Array, NULL)
#9 src/addons/MaZ/AMP/XF/Template/Templater.php(139): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('option_macros', 'option_row', Array, Array, Object(XF\Template\MacroState) )
#10 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l5/s0/admin/nulumia_seotools_option_macros.php(174): MaZ\AMP\XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('option_macros', 'option_row', Array, Array)
#11 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(824): XF\Template\Templater->{close}(Object(MaZ\AMP\XF\Template\XF22\Templater), Array, NULL)
#12 src/addons/MaZ/AMP/XF/Template/Templater.php(139): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('nulumia_seotool...', 'option_rows', Array, Array, Object(XF\Template \MacroState))
#13 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l5/s0/admin/nulumia_seotools_option_macros.php(23): MaZ\AMP\XF\Template\Templater->callMacro(NULL, 'option_rows', Array, Array)
#14 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(824): XF\Template\Templater->{close}(Object(MaZ\AMP\XF\Template\XF22\Templater), Array, NULL)
#15 src/addons/MaZ/AMP/XF/Template/Templater.php(139): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('nulumia_seotool...', 'option_form_blo...', Array, Array, Object( XF\Template\MacroState))
#16 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l5/s0/admin/nulumia_seo_admin_branding_schema.php(42): MaZ\AMP\XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('option_macros', 'option_form_blo...', Array, Array)
#17 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1651): XF\Template\Templater->{close}(Object(MaZ\AMP\XF\Template\XF22\Templater), Array, NULL)
#18 src/addons/MaZ/AMP/XF/Template/XF22/Templater.php(52): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('nulumia_seo_adm...', Array, true, NULL)
#19 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): MaZ\AMP\XF\Template\XF22\Templater->renderTemplate('admin:nulumia_s...', Массив)
#20 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(50): XF\Template\Template->render()
#21 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(460): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('Nulumia\\SeoTool...', 'admin:nulumia_s...', Array)
# 22 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(442): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
# 23 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(402): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderReply(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
# 24 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(60): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
# 25 src/XF/App.php(2351): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#26 src/XF.php(517): XF\App->run()
#27 admin.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Admin\\App')

PHP 8 improvements will not make it into this patch but in the following. Apologies on this delay.
Hello. Since May 2021 XF has recommended the use of PHP8. This addon was released in January 2022 why was it not optimised from the beginning for the recommended version of PHP ? And why didn't you indicate in the addon presentation that it was not compatible with PHP8 ?
Thank you.

@Elliott, I'm unable to replicate any sort of that error according to the report. Will send PM on this.

Hello. Since May 2021 XF has recommended the use of PHP8. This addon was released in January 2022 why was it not optimised from the beginning for the recommended version of PHP
The biggest challenge is that this addon has to be compatible and fully work with many different addons. As that was the major push behind this project since its announcement vs other available options. There's a number of 3rd party addons which I have to develop along side that don't have good PHP 8 support themselves, which slows and fractures development/testing in this area. I privately contact other addon devs for PHP 8 fixes so everything can get finished there.

Full PHP 8 testing will be implemented for public stable release.

It will be improved for PHP 8 or 8.1 ?
it seems that XF 2.2.9 is not very far and will recommend PHP 8.1, at least will be fully compatible with PHP 8.1
I'm already running 8.1
Thanks @Nulumia

Last edited:
Top Bottom