Selling two XF licenses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucas

Hello,

Unfortunately do to real monetary issues I've decided to sell my two XF licenses. As you know the licenses start actually running their 1 year support cycle once the product goes out of beta, therefore I won't be selling them much cheaper than what they currently are, but if you're really looking to save a few bucks, I'll be selling each license a bit cheaper ($130) than what XF sells them right now ($140). I won't be able to sell yet until next week that the 120 days have past as the license states. But I'd like to already be in contact with a person that is interested as I am in an urgent need to get this money.

It sucks as I love the software and would love to keep working on it, but first things first.

Thanks.

Note: I asked for permission previously on making this post. Hope everything is under the guidelines.

Just so I understand...

You bought these at the presale price and now you going to be selling them at a profit?

Just so I understand...

You bought these at the presale price and now you going to be selling them at a profit?
If that's the case i say good forward thinking. ;) The pre sale was only for 24 hrs so its likely this isn't the case but if it is i don't consider it to be a bad deal.. actually sounds like it would be beneficial to both seller and buyer.

In this day and age it a rare thing that someone can make a few buck while saving someone else a few bucks.

With that being said id still personally prefer to buy mine direct unless the savings were considerable.

Well, If he's got permission...

Just seems like scalping to me (if he bought them at a discount)

NOTE: "Next week" will mark the 120 day mark for those that purchased in that 24 hour sale.

As vondoom said, this unlikley unless he just happened to have bought them within the 24 hour period

Well, If he's got permission...

Just seems like scalping to me (if he bought them at a discount)

NOTE: "Next week" will mark the 120 day mark for those that purchased in that 24 hour sale.
If you don't have anything constructive to say, I'd appreciate keeping it to yourself.

Yes, I bought them on sale day, and anyone who is interested in purchasing it can still save $10 or $20 while getting two complete one year licenses. I don't see the problem or the rip off here. Move on if you're not interested.

Thanks

Edit: Quiet a few people know me around here, and Kier, Mike or Ashley an verify my licenses. I'm seriously in need of the money and have no choice than selling them, could you please instead of being a hassle give a hand? I'd appreciate it. No one is getting hurt, but getting a little help. Try to stop making everything a problem and appreciate the opportunity for someone to save a few bucks.

The purchaser should be aware that they lose all transfer rights...meaning they can never resell the license or even give it away. For a savings of 10 bucks? I'm not sure that a potential buyer wins in this deal if you give up that right.

I'm not trying to be a stick in the mud here. This is the first XF license I've seen being sold at a profit and I just feel, out of fairness to a potential buyer, everything should be disclosed including that the fact that for that $10 savings, you will lose certain rights, including refund/transfer rights. I did not see that mentioned and many potential buyers may be unaware of that.

The purchaser should be aware that they lose all transfer rights...meaning they can never resell the license or even give it away. For a savings of 10 bucks? I'm not sure that a potential buyer wins in this deal if you give up that right.

I'm not trying to be a stick in the mud here. This is the first XF license I've seen being sold at a profit and I just feel, out of fairness to a potential buyer, everything should be disclosed including that the fact that for that $10 savings, you will lose certain rights, including refund/transfer rights. I did not see that mentioned and many potential buyers may be unaware of that.
That's fine with me. :)

Could you please lead me to where it says a license cannot be transferred again?
(later edited)

http://xenforo.com/license-agreement/
section 2

The Software may be permanently transferred by the original purchaser to a third party ("Subsequent Licensee") not before 120 days following purchase, provided that the expiry date of the License falls after the date of the transfer. The original licensee may not retain a copy or installation of the Software. The Subsequent Licensee must agree to the terms of this Agreement and waive the right to transfer.

(later edited)

http://xenforo.com/license-agreement/
section 2

The Software may be permanently transferred by the original purchaser to a third party ("Subsequent Licensee") not before 120 days following purchase, provided that the expiry date of the License falls after the date of the transfer. The original licensee may not retain a copy or installation of the Software. The Subsequent Licensee must agree to the terms of this Agreement and waive the right to transfer.
Sounds good, thank you.

Losing the right to transfer a license is a non-issue, IMO. Although I haven't been running forums as long as some people, I have been doing it for about 5 years now. In that time I have yet to transfer any license. Forum admins seem to be, for the most part, a dedicated bunch. And once they've built their entire site or network around a software, they typically don't change.

I appreciate you need some cash, but it's extremely close to the full price. Are you open to offers?

Also what payment method will you be offering? Paypal?

Cheers,
Shaun :D

i remember this question was raised even before the launch of the sale period. and the response from the developers was that they would not like people buying the product on the sale date to resell later at a profit. and that is why this stipulation was imposed (the buyer loses the right to sell etc.) It is pretty much impossible for me to locate that part of the discussion using the search features available :(

personally, i do not think this is a right thing to do. if you bought it for 100 bucks, sell it for 100 bucks or lower. and inform the buyer about the rights he would be losing. and also... make sure that the developers are aware of this sale considering it is of a license that was sold on the sale date.

i personally have a license i purchased on the sale date. i am not using it right now. i decided to not migrate my vB forum to XF because of technical issues. if i were to sell that license, i would be doing the exact thing mentioned above.

but this is all my personal opinion.

I do need two licenses so I did consider it. However, I had to consider two factors:

1. Minimal savings for restricted rights. Save a little to potentially lose more
2. If its just a $10 savings - which isn't all that significant, I'd just as soon buy the license at full cost and support the developers.

You might have to reconsider your sell price to entice a buyer.

I appreciate you need some cash, but it's extremely close to the full price. Are you open to offers?

Also what payment method will you be offering? Paypal?

Cheers,
Shaun :D
Most likely. :) PayPal would be the way, yes. Or maybe Western Union if not, but it's a bit expensive.

Given that it's only worth what someone will pay for it, I'd be surprised if you can get more than $100.00 for them. Might get $120.00 TOPS under the right conditions. JMHO

I appreciate the feedback, but the thread is meant for the sale. If you're interested go ahead and contact me, I'm not looking for opinions on the price tag. If you're willing to offer, go ahead and PM, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom