Self Hosted Purchase Options

Mortalpawn

Just a simple question - can I purchase the various self-hosted bundle options (Branding Removal, Media Gallery, Enhanced Search, etc...) after I've made the base $160 self hosted purchase?

I want to do the basic self-hosted purchase and get my existing SMF forum converted before I jump in and spend the money on the extras. I basically want to make sure everything works, then I'll spend the money on brand removal/etc...

As stated, yes you can... but be aware that if you do the following:
Purchase XF
8 months later purchase XFMG, Resource Manager or any other add-ons, in 4 months you will be paying a renewal for them... so to get the "best bang for your buck" try to buy any additional add-ons as new after renewal/purchase as possible.

Purchase XF
8 months later purchase XFMG, Resource Manager or any other add-ons, in 4 months you will be paying a renewal for them... so to get the "best bang for your buck" try to buy any additional add-ons as new after renewal/purchase as possible.
8 months later buy an extension for XF , buy XFMG, etc.
Next renewal for everything will be due in 4+12 =16 months.

8 months later buy an extension for XF , buy XFMG, etc.
Next renewal for everything will be due in 4+12 =16 months.
don't really know how your math is working to get 16 months (unless they have changed the binding process of 1st party add-ons to the base XF).

01/01 buy XF for $XXX
09/01 buy XFMG/RM for $YYYY dollars
Renew ALL addons on 01/01/next year (renewal due for the base XF script) for $ZZZ dollars for the NEXT 12 months for the complete package.
Instead of a full 12 months of support that you normally get at the base purchase price of the add-ons if bought at initial time, you are paying for 4 months of support.
So, if purchase price is $96 (just for simple math sake) you are paying - if bought at time of initial purchase, $8 a month for your "support". If you purchased them on 09/01 then for your average price of "support" is actually $24 a month until license renewal time.

And no, if you buy the add-ons during the license period, AFIAK it doesn't "extend" your license. You are simply paying a FLAT rate for the add-on that is the same if you purchase at initial license time or if you purchase 3 days before your license renews. At license renewal date for the base XF, ALL the add-ons renew at the same time.

Screen Shot 2022-08-13 at 1.29.43 AM.png

Last edited:
However, in the case explained above, I would suggest renewing first and then purchasing the add-ons.
That way you only pay the standard renewal.
Which is EXACTLY what I'm saying. If you have to renew your license, then renew it BEFORE you purchase any add-ons (in fact, I don't know if you can even purchase add-ons on an expired license without being forced to renew at that time) and THEN purchase the add-ons... you WILL get a full 12 months that way. I know that when I purchased XFMG and RM several months after renewing, I didn't have my time until next renewal extended any - when my base XF came up for renewal, the FULL renewal price included the add-ons (which was about 6 months into my license period for base XF)... I can see them doing that for someone that had purchased within the last month... but not 1/4 of a year or more.

Top Bottom