[Liam W] (RIP) Member Self Delete

[Liam W] (RIP) Member Self Delete 2.0.5 Patch Level 5

No permission to download
Hi,

Just after a bit of clarity on one part of this please if that's ok;

4OhL27X.png

What does Disable actually do?
  • Does it allow the user to re-activate the account if they wished to? (as long as you haven't ticked the follow up boxes)
  • Does it HIDE the account (not searchable), not clickable via content they've posted, etc? as thought the account is deleted?
  • What does it show on forum posts by the user if it's disabled? Is their name hyperlinked or..?
  • What good would it be adding the account to any secondary usergroups? Asking for genuine curiosity as I can't think of anything, but maybe useful for me to know

I know this question you may not want to - or may not feel comfortable answering - if that is the case that is totally fine - if a user expected their account to be deleted under GDPR or other privacy/right to removal/etc, does "disable" cut the mustard on that? Or do we have to offer the hard delete?

Any help on the above would be gratefully received :).
Hi all :)

I know this is likely a subject not many want to get into as I mentioned the forbidden GDPR and whatnot, but does anyone have even advice (not to be set in stone) for me please?

@Ozzy47 We have issue with this addon, Getting this error: There are scheduled jobs outstanding which have not run. Jobs may not be getting triggered when expected. But disabling your addon will be not seeing this error message. Also does not find out any Cron entries in admin CP for this addon.

Read more here: https://xenforo.com/community/threa...nding-which-have-not-run.186693/#post-1470764
I'm getting the same error now (2.0.5 Patch Level 5 on XF v2.2.13).

@Ozzy47: Could you fix that, please?

Screenshot 2023-09-20 091619.webp Tried testing the addon through my own test account. I made sure to set all permissions up for users to self delete their account. I'm not sure what to do now.

Can you please add these options:

Max posts: {integer}
Only users with fewer posts than {max posts} can delete their account.

Min days: {integer}
Only users without posts in the last {min days} can delete their account.

can someon describe how this feature works?

i found this phrase

You cannot delete your account. This may because of your account age, the amount of content you have posted or a variety of other reasons. Please contact a board administrator for more information.

i haven find where this configured

can someon describe how this feature works?

i found this phrase

You cannot delete your account. This may because of your account age, the amount of content you have posted or a variety of other reasons. Please contact a board administrator for more information.

i haven find where this configured
To change this, go to options here : admin.php?options/groups/liamw_memberselfdelete/

Top Bottom