Seeking Professional Setup Assistance

rob.lwd

I'm seeking a service provider that can help us get everything into place to run XenForo smoothly. Here's a quick rundown of the basics of our situation:
  • We've got an antiquated vBulletin site (v3.8.9) that we want to migrate into XenForo
  • We want to do a clean start with the forum structure while retaining the existing forums as a reference archive. In other words:
    • Import all existing accounts
    • Setup a new forum structure for use henceforth
    • Bring the existing forum structure in as a read-only resource via a suitable approach (looking for guidance here on what's best)
Here's what we're ideally seeking:
  • Guidance on system requirements to support the site (we'll likely be sticking with a hosting provider we have a well-established relationship with for other hosting needs, but we need to know what resources to requisition from them)
  • Turnkey deployment and installation of the site, including migration of the old forums as outlined above
  • Limited assistance getting the site configured for use (e.g. themes, logos, etc.) [Note: We're a software development house, so we're all tech savvy, but we're not experts on forums in general or XenForo in particular.)
  • Setup of suitable backup plans and the like
  • Ongoing server maintenance, including installation of updates, security patches, etc.
  • On-call assistance if something goes sideways unexpectedly in the future
I'm also willing to consider a cloud-hosting solution from someone who specializes in that. However, I'm hesitant about that path and will require testimonials from other satisfied customers to consider that option.

If anyone here is interested in discussing this further, or if you have someone you can recommend, please either post your information here or contact me privately. Please note that, as a new member here, it appears that I'm not able to start conversations (the option does not appear for me), so you'll need to contact me. :)

Thanks in advance for the assistance!

I'm seeking a service provider that can help us get everything into place to run XenForo smoothly. Here's a quick rundown of the basics of our situation:
  • We've got an antiquated vBulletin site (v3.8.9) that we want to migrate into XenForo
  • We want to do a clean start with the forum structure while retaining the existing forums as a reference archive. In other words:
    • Import all existing accounts
    • Setup a new forum structure for use henceforth
    • Bring the existing forum structure in as a read-only resource via a suitable approach (looking for guidance here on what's best)
Here's what we're ideally seeking:
  • Guidance on system requirements to support the site (we'll likely be sticking with a hosting provider we have a well-established relationship with for other hosting needs, but we need to know what resources to requisition from them)
  • Turnkey deployment and installation of the site, including migration of the old forums as outlined above
  • Limited assistance getting the site configured for use (e.g. themes, logos, etc.) [Note: We're a software development house, so we're all tech savvy, but we're not experts on forums in general or XenForo in particular.)
  • Setup of suitable backup plans and the like
  • Ongoing server maintenance, including installation of updates, security patches, etc.
  • On-call assistance if something goes sideways unexpectedly in the future
I'm also willing to consider a cloud-hosting solution from someone who specializes in that. However, I'm hesitant about that path and will require testimonials from other satisfied customers to consider that option.

If anyone here is interested in discussing this further, or if you have someone you can recommend, please either post your information here or contact me privately. Please note that, as a new member here, it appears that I'm not able to start conversations (the option does not appear for me), so you'll need to contact me. :)

Thanks in advance for the assistance!
We are the best company for this project. I'm sending you a private message (y)

Top Bottom