• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Implemented  "Search this forum"

Jake Bunce

XenForo moderator
Staff member
You can do this through the Advanced Search page, but I don't see any direct implementation for searching the current forum that you are in.

I would like to suggest incorporating that functionality into the popup search menu. For example, when you are in a particular forum you can go to the Search menu and there is a checkbox for "this forum only." Simple. Elegant. Doesn't add clutter to the page. I think that would work well.

Tigratrus

Jake! Woot!
My favorite from the old vB staff ;).

Which brings up a really good point... Will we be able to use url parameters to script the search? That's HUGE from an integration with other packages standpoint.

Jake Bunce

XenForo moderator
Staff member

Onimua

It'll be awesome if we can do the URL searches. I was surprised at how useful they were when I started to use them for specific things like running a search through specific forums only.

Grover

You can do this through the Advanced Search page, but I don't see any direct implementation for searching the current forum that you are in.

I would like to suggest incorporating that functionality into the popup search menu. For example, when you are in a particular forum you can go to the Search menu and there is a checkbox for "this forum only." Simple. Elegant. Doesn't add clutter to the page. I think that would work well.
It has already been suggested somewhere. ;) I remember, because I supported it and also miss this great functionality that the even so great vb3.8 had.

Having said that, I think this alpha release is mind blowing convincing already. What a hard needed breath of fresh air is going through the forum world right now!.

Tigratrus

Nice! +1 to Mike's awesomeness score.

Agreed with just a tad more padding inside the tab, but I like the implementation, nice and clean :).