Search Log

Search Log 2.9

No permission to download

AndyB

AndyB submitted a new resource:

Search Log - Creates a Search Log file.

Description:

The Search Log add-on is designed to provide information to the admin about the type of searches members and guests are making. By looking at the Search Log the admin can make better decisions regarding forum design, organization and more.

Example Search Log:

View attachment 61124

Features:
  • Admin Option to create log file can in any directory
  • Log file show current day searches
  • Log file automatically deletes previous days logs

Read more about this resource...

A suggestion. Impliment the log in the admin control panel like the admin log.

Thank you for your suggestion, Matthew. These are the two main reasons I chose to create a text file:

1) Avoids creating a database table
2) Quicker access as it doesn't require going into the Admin Control Panel

This has great potential, even though its not very useful for my site yet. As I get millions of visitors per month I also get a high volume of search queries. Its not feasible to review search logs and pull anything meaningful from that.
It would however be very useful to see what the most popular search phrases are in the last month(s).

Please consider to add this function.

And I would like to see a link to .../forums.search/searchlog/ in moderator tab next to Admin link.

@AndyB I uploaded the add on and see it in ACP>Home>Options and have the Search Link option ticked, but I cannot see one on my forum. Could my custom template is conflicting with the add on?

@AndyB I uploaded the add on and see it in ACP>Home>Options and have the Search Link option ticked, but I cannot see one on my forum. Could my custom template is conflicting with the add on?
When you click your search box it should drop down a menu and it should be at the bottom of the search drop down box (it is on mine) hope this helps.

The search log seems to empty out quickly and I'm not exactly sure why.

I have it so it should keep up to 1,000. But yesterday there was only 12 searches and today they're gone from the log.

This add-on uses the xf_search table to get its data. XenForo prunes the xf_search table once a day and removes any data older than 24 hours. So the Search Log add-on will display only the last 24 hours search results.

Top Bottom