Scheduled Thread / Post

Peter

Create one or more posts ahead of time to be automatically submitted later.

For example, type the post and get it formatted nicely and then wait for the "press release day" for it to be submitted. News/media/entertainment industries get information but are not allowed to be released until later on (days, weeks, etc.). Even useful for forum announcements.

What do you think?

Upvote 191
Would anyone be willing to pay for such a system where the scheduled thread/post is inserted into a queue similar to the moderation queue?
You write the thread/post as usual but add a desired post date to it. The post then goes into it's own queue beside the moderation queue where it can be viewed or deleted.
Since the post is not actually created at this point (unlike the moderation queue), it will not be displayed (visible to moderators) in the thread itself until the actual post date.

Would anyone be willing to pay for such a system where the scheduled thread/post is inserted into a queue similar to the moderation queue?
You write the thread/post as usual but add a desired post date to it. The post then goes into it's own queue beside the moderation queue where it can be viewed or deleted.
Since the post is not actually created at this point (unlike the moderation queue), it will not be displayed (visible to moderators) in the thread itself until the actual post date.

This is great for me. I think this is a great feature. I see many uses for this. Possible scenario: i would mantain my forum updated with more articles/resources. With the scheduled feature i can take advantage for my free time and write for example 5 articles in a day (every week 1 article) and mantain my forum updated...my members will see me very active and i will benefit of this system for a better time management.

If not official i'm also interested to pay a coder for this.

It would be great if there was a plugin to set a thread to appear only after a member has been registered for X amount of time.

For example, thread A appears to the registered user only after 1 week. And thread B appears to the user a week after that.

Maybe there's already a plugin for that, but I didn't see one. :(

It would be great if there was a plugin to set a thread to appear only after a member has been registered for X amount of time.

For example, thread A appears to the registered user only after 1 week. And thread B appears to the user a week after that.
What would this be effective for ?

Nice idea.

I'd also like to be able to do something like HootSuite where you can create a thread and have it post at a certain time.
This is what I was thinking when I read the thread title. I completely support this suggestion and this would be a great feature for xenforo, something most, if any, other forums do not have.

What would this be effective for ?

I dunno, i doubt i would have a need for such features. Though i guess tv show fan sites where pre-defined airing of shows is already list on the web with airing dates could make use of such feature where x-staff member can create show series number episode number where member could have a pre-defined post auto posted posted in x-forum when it airs ready for discussions.

I suppose this could apply to other niches and situations where a post is auto posted due to that the shows air before the admin isn't online or it airs in country x first.

I'm sure there would be more practical uses but above was the first thing i thought of.

In my case, I'd like to be able to have new threads start while I am away. For example, we do a post-game thread which I usually have to set up hours before the game since I am at the game. It's usually already on page five before the game ends.

I'd also do other thread starters I'd like to set up on Monday and have them trickle out throughout the week during times I know will be slower.

Yeah, I could use something like this. I'd look at it both ways: set a date/time for a new thread to be switched from draft status to live, then a second date field to auto-close the thread to additional comments. It would work especially well with a more generalized CMS approach, where that particular thread might be pulled out and viewed as "live event comments" or something similar.

I'm hopeful now that the lawsuit is complete that features such as this are built into XF. This feature, in particular, is one I would really like to see implemented!

My forum is a blorum, mix of blog and forum, with long articles, long discussions, and this is a must-have add-on for me and I would definitely pay for it. As a writer I want to write when inspiration strikes. Sometimes that 5 articles per day and then nothing for 2 weeks. To be able to write them, post them and then not worry about their publish date would be awesome!

My forum is a blorum, mix of blog and forum, with long articles, long discussions, and this is a must-have add-on for me and I would definitely pay for it. As a writer I want to write when inspiration strikes. Sometimes that 5 articles per day and then nothing for 2 weeks. To be able to write them, post them and then not worry about their publish date would be awesome!

If you haven't already, make sure you "Like" the 1st post in this thread!
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/scheduled-post.4650/

Top Bottom