Schedule Content XenForo 1.x only

Schedule Content XenForo 1.x only [Paid] 2.0.9

No permission to buy ($20.00)
@Nobita.Kun

Not sure why this is such a big issue to deal with, I posted this back in May (as a paying customer):

Your response from what I gather is to leave it as it is. I asked, you answered and I've uninstalled until the addon improves. End of.

@Rob is offering you code to help but for some reason you are taking an aggressive stance.

Cheers,

Regs.
I remember that I have replied before.
#1: The post was schedule alway in the position of the time schedule. Not alway being end of thread. It is designed by me.
#2: It is only display when the schedule expired. It could not show to newsfeed while post in scheduling.

So to be clear, the addon is staying as is which is a shame because in it's current state, scheduled POSTS will hardly be seen on a busy thread and the addon does not adhere to the xF content discovery ethos.

So to be clear, the addon is staying as is which is a shame because in it's current state, scheduled POSTS will hardly be seen on a busy thread and the addon does not adhere to the xF content discovery ethos.
An option to handle it maybe Ok.

Reactions: RDR
The post should be added at the correct place in the timeline within the thread, as per the schedule, otherwise there is simply no point. In order for the post to appear at the CORRECT place in the timeline within the thread it is REQUIRED to rebuild the counter for that thread. Why are you having such a hard time understanding this as an issue!

To be clear, lets say your post is scheduled for 2 pm. If there is a regular post made by a user at 1.00 and then next normal post made by a user at 3pm you would expect the scheduled posts to appear within the thread between those posts. Hope that makes sense. If it does, and you agree this is how the mod should actually work then great, you are welcome!

This is not a feature request, this is a critical functionality that really should happen for any mod entitled "schedule content" - otherwise it doesn't do what it says on the tin.

The post should be added at the correct place in the timeline within the thread, as per the schedule, otherwise there is simply no point. In order for the post to appear at the CORRECT place in the timeline within the thread it is REQUIRED to rebuild the counter for that thread. Why are you having such a hard time understanding this as an issue!

To be clear, lets say your post is scheduled for 2 pm. If there is a regular post made by a user at 1.00 you would expect it to appear after that time, in addition, if a user posts at 3pm you would want it appearing before. Hope that makes sense.

This is not a feature request, this is a critical functionality that really should happen for any mod entitled "schedule content" - otherwise it doesn't do what it says on the tin.
Oh your idea is very good. It would like suggestion to you make your one for that.

@RDR, am I just being thick or is my comprehension of "scheduled post" way off base.

Nobita, this is not a suggestion, it's EXPECTED functionality by definition.
I'm inclined to put this all down to the fact that english is not your first language and you simply do not understand.

Anyway, I'm done here - until this functions as a scheduled posts mod I'm not going to recommend it. I'd suggest you change the title of the mod - to what I'm not actually sure because how it functions currently is bizzare.

Scheduling a post to be inserted at the end of a thread at the scheduled time is what I'm looking for.

@Rob - your example of a post scheduled for 2PM is what this should do ... who cares about the 3PM post though, that occurs AFTER the scheduled post appears.

Scheduling a post to be inserted at the end of a thread at the scheduled time is what I'm looking for.

@Rob - your example of a post scheduled for 2PM is what this should do ... who cares about the 3PM post though, that occurs AFTER the scheduled post appears.
He not work on addon so he not understand how really addon work. That idea could be done but you must rebuild everything after schedule expired. If your forum is small so it is fine. But your forums is big. It is never an option for you. I wanna make it fast not slow and break anything. He try to spamming messages in my thread support for our customers here.

To be clear, lets say your post is scheduled for 2 pm. If there is a regular post made by a user at 1.00 and then next normal post made by a user at 3pm you would expect the scheduled posts to appear within the thread between those posts. Hope that makes sense. If it does, and you agree this is how the mod should actually work then great, you are welcome!

+1

I just bought the addon and miss the feature to schedule a post. This feature essentially what I expect when I read the addon description. I can only schedule a thread, but can't schedule a post.

When I schedule a post, then it's written "This message has been scheduled and will be published at: Nov. 30, 2015 6:30 AM". That's what I expect, but after 06:30 AM, the post is soft deleted, instead of published.

@Nobita.Kun can you please implement it or will you send me the payment back?

This feature essentially what I expect when I read the addon description. I can only schedule a thread, but can't schedule a post.
Make sure you have permission to schedule an post.

"This message has been scheduled and will be published at: Nov. 30, 2015 6:30 AM". That's what I expect, but after 06:30 AM, the post is soft deleted, instead of published.
I will test it :)

Make sure you have permission to schedule an post.
I have all permissions. I can schedule a post, but the effect isn't what I expect. Like Rob I think to we have a different understanding of the word "schedule". For me, "schedule a post" means, that the post is published at given time.

I have all permissions. I can schedule a post, but the effect isn't what I expect. Like Rob I think to we have a different understanding of the word "schedule". For me, "schedule a post" means, that the post is published at given time.
Yup. Like the add-on name. You give schedule post is 5:00 AM so the post will be published at 5:00 AM. It is not matter the position of post.

But this doesn't work on my forum. Instead of publishing, the post will be soft-deleted. Do you want to test it on my board? I can send you informations by pm.

Hi,

Sorry if this has already been mentioned in the thread or addon description. When scheduling a thread, are you able to get a copy of the link that will be generated before it's visible?
For example, if I am looking to schedule a release, I can pre-pare a blog post etc with this information?

Thanks in advance.

Top Bottom