1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed Savepoint error appearing in the log today

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by Dan, Aug 26, 2011.

1. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

ErrorException: mysqli::query() [<a href='mysqli.query'>mysqli.query</a>]: (42000/1064): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '9e60a07d904bb81501a8d42d69ecc307' at line 1 - library/XenForo/Db.php:145
    Generated By: user, Today at 6:20 AM

Stack Trace​

#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError('SAVEPOINT 9e60a...') #1 /home/extra/public_html/library/XenForo/Db.php(145): mysqli->query(Object(Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli), 'SAVEPOINT 9e60a...') #2 /home/extra/public_html/library/XenForo/Db.php(50): XenForo_Db::_execQuery(Object(Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli)) #3 /home/extra/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1740): XenForo_Db::beginTransaction() #4 /home/extra/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1287): XenForo_DataWriter->_beginDbTransaction() #5 /home/extra/public_html/library/XenForo/LikeHandler/Post.php(20): XenForo_DataWriter->save(657, Array) #6 /home/extra/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Like.php(233): XenForo_LikeHandler_Post->incrementLikeCounter('post', 657, 34) #7 /home/extra/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Post.php(314): XenForo_Model_Like->likeContent() #8 /home/extra/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(310): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Post->actionLike(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch)) #9 /home/extra/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(132): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() #10 /home/extra/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run() #11 {main}

Request State​

array(3) { ["url"] => string(38) "http://extralicense.com/posts/657/like" ["_GET"] => array(0) { } ["_POST"] => array(4) { ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(51) "/threads/wts-vb3-8-5-and-vb4-0-3-patch-level-3.169/" ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1" ["_xfToken"] => string(54) "24,1314271202,4a95cb9e38242b8fdb9d8a1a1b915b093546f373" ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json" } }

This error has occurred twice today on 2 separate posts while attempting to "like". Any suggestions.

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Never seen that one before.

What version of MySQL?

3. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

4. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

Says version 5.1.56

Edit: 2 more errors today. Also, I am on a dedicated box so I don't think my host would have changed anything.

5. Jake Bunce

6. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

It is random at best. Very sporadic would be more accurate. Will run some tests and report back. Thanks!

7. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

I am definitely having issues, now on creating conversations. Having done any testing as of yet but just want to keep a central local for my issues. The issue below, I am sure, is the same issue.

Server Error Log

Error Info​

ErrorException: mysqli::query() [<a href='mysqli.query'>mysqli.query</a>]: (42000/1064): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '42e2d75bb7c9f5f24a79bd00a15cdd65' at line 1 - library/XenForo/Db.php:145
    Generated By: WenM, Today at 5:48 PM

Stack Trace​

#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError('SAVEPOINT 42e2d...') #1 /home/extra/public_html/library/XenForo/Db.php(145): mysqli->query(Object(Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli), 'SAVEPOINT 42e2d...') #2 /home/extra/public_html/library/XenForo/Db.php(50): XenForo_Db::_execQuery(Object(Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli)) #3 /home/extra/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1740): XenForo_Db::beginTransaction() #4 /home/extra/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1287): XenForo_DataWriter->_beginDbTransaction() #5 /home/extra/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter/ConversationMessage.php(123): XenForo_DataWriter->save() #6 /home/extra/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1295): XenForo_DataWriter_ConversationMessage->_postSave() #7 /home/extra/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Conversation.php(658): XenForo_DataWriter->save() #8 /home/extra/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(310): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Conversation->actionInsertReply(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch)) #9 /home/extra/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(132): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() #10 /home/extra/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run() #11 {main}

Request State​

array(3) { ["url"] => string(71) "http://extralicense.com/conversations/about-the-xenforo.62/insert-reply" ["_GET"] => array(0) { } ["_POST"] => array(7) { ["message_html"] => string(208) "<p>Hi dear friend...</p> Message removed by goblues ["_xfRelativeResolver"] => string(59) "http://extralicense.com/conversations/about-the-xenforo.62/" ["last_date"] => string(10) "1314397327" ["_xfToken"] => string(54) "34,1314398761,6b1b052cf1dd310c8a4b823871bb07febfa4117c" ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(36) "/conversations/about-the-xenforo.62/" ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1" ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json" } }

8. Jake Bunce

So strange. :confused:

I can have a look if you are comfortable giving me shell access to your server and admin access to your forum. Otherwise you should probably submit a ticket:

http://xenforo.com/customers/support

9. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

Conversation sent sir! Thanks!

10. Jake Bunce

I was able to reproduce the error in the mysql prompt on both your server and my server using the savepoint ids I pulled from the error log. I believe I have found the cause:

http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=55962

The problem is with the savepoint id itself. I was able to fix the error by enclosing the id in backquotes or prefixing it with an underscore.

Examples with raw id, underscore, and backquotes:

Wait for a dev reply on this one.

erich37, Brogan, Mike and 1 other person like this.
  11. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

Thanks for checking this Jake!

12. Mike

Thanks Jake. I'll move this to bug reports so we can workaround it.

Dan likes this.
  13. Mike

Prefixing all of the savepoint ids now to prevent this.

Dan likes this.
  14. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

Is this included as of 1.1 beta 1?

15. Mike

No. It will be in beta 2 and 1.0.5 when that's released.

TBolley likes this.
  16. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

Mike, Upgraded to beta 2 yesterday and am still getting savepoint errors.

ErrorException: mysqli::query() [<a href='mysqli.query'>mysqli.query</a>]: (42000/1064): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '2e7896df853c69b723e3a87e7586c149' at line 1 - library/XenForo/Db.php:145
    Generated By: Joel, Yesterday at 10:59 PM

Stack Trace​

#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError('SAVEPOINT 2e789...') #1 /home/extra/public_html/library/XenForo/Db.php(145): mysqli->query(Object(Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli), 'SAVEPOINT 2e789...') #2 /home/extra/public_html/library/XenForo/Db.php(50): XenForo_Db::_execQuery(Object(Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli)) #3 /home/extra/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1812): XenForo_Db::beginTransaction() #4 /home/extra/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1358): XenForo_DataWriter->_beginDbTransaction() #5 /home/extra/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/NewsFeed.php(535): XenForo_DataWriter->save(36, 'Joel', 'profile_post', '40', 'insert') #6 /home/extra/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage.php(1110): XenForo_Model_NewsFeed->publish() #7 /home/extra/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage.php(1095): XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage->_publishToNewsFeed() #8 /home/extra/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage/ProfilePost.php(75): XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage->_publishAndNotify() #9 /home/extra/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage.php(512): XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage_ProfilePost->_publishAndNotify() #10 /home/extra/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1366): XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage->_postSave() #11 /home/extra/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/UserProfile.php(220): XenForo_DataWriter->save('Hey guys!') #12 /home/extra/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Member.php(822): XenForo_Model_UserProfile->updateStatus() #13 /home/extra/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(310): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Member->actionPost(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch)) #14 /home/extra/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(132): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() #15 /home/extra/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run() #16 {main}

Request State​

array(3) { ["url"] => string(44) "http://extralicense.com/members/Joel.36/post" ["_GET"] => array(0) { } ["_POST"] => array(6) { ["message"] => string(9) "Hey guys!" ["_xfToken"] => string(54) "36,1318046335,cdb7c6becb83bd4d6a6f9b03b6df4070d4f87c76" ["return"] => string(1) "1" ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(1) "/" ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1" ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json" } }

17. Mike

WTF? I must've not saved the file. Doh! Really fixed now.

Dan and Vincent like this.