• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Implemented Save Post if post 'too long'

Kim

OMG.. I just spent hours typing out a long long long post.. only to find on hitting enter that it was too long.. and GONE.

:'(

Please save and protect those posts that are too long to be posted.

ps.. I did search, but couldn't find anything.

Morgain

In fact I would like a SAVE DRAFT POST option.
Very useful for taking a break or researching, or when I have to break off to switch tasks.
I know a lot of people (the majority) prefer shortish posts but some like long thoughtful ones.

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
On new thread create, reply, and edit, the act of submitting the post shouldn't take you away from the editor so you shouldn't lose a post then. (If JS is disabled, then that's a different story.) Where did this happen?

Kim

On new thread create, reply, and edit, the act of submitting the post shouldn't take you away from the editor so you shouldn't lose a post then. (If JS is disabled, then that's a different story.) Where did this happen?

It happened to me on my localhost site, which has no got JS disabled or anything.

When I hit the button, the greyed out background and Error message overlay came up, and the post was gone... clicking back had no effect either, the post box was empty.