1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented Save Post if post 'too long'

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by Kim, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

OMG.. I just spent hours typing out a long long long post.. only to find on hitting enter that it was too long.. and GONE.

Please save and protect those posts that are too long to be posted.

ps.. I did search, but couldn't find anything.
    Forsaken likes this.
  2. Morgain

Morgain Well-Known Member

Many of my members are scholarly and write long posts. Including me.
  3. The Dark Wizard

The Dark Wizard Well-Known Member

As a writer and owner of a growing RP/writing community. We would kill for this feature.
  4. Brett Peters

Brett Peters Well-Known Member

I would also like this, I did notice that TinyMCE has a third party plugin (TinyAutoSave plug-in for TinyMCE) for this but to be honest I dont yet know how to add a TinyMCE plugin :(
  5. Morgain

Morgain Well-Known Member

In fact I would like a SAVE DRAFT POST option.
    Very useful for taking a break or researching, or when I have to break off to switch tasks.
    I know a lot of people (the majority) prefer shortish posts but some like long thoughtful ones.
    DSF, Kim and The Dark Wizard like this.
  6. The Dark Wizard

The Dark Wizard Well-Known Member

7. DSF

DSF Well-Known Member

This was a very very nice idea. :)
  8. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

On new thread create, reply, and edit, the act of submitting the post shouldn't take you away from the editor so you shouldn't lose a post then. (If JS is disabled, then that's a different story.) Where did this happen?
  9. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

It happened to me on my localhost site, which has no got JS disabled or anything.

When I hit the button, the greyed out background and Error message overlay came up, and the post was gone... clicking back had no effect either, the post box was empty.
  10. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The auto save draft feature should now eliminate this issue.
    Jeremy likes this.