XF2 [S70] Steam Authentication and Integration (Connected Accounts) - NEW: ANALYTICS, XF1...

Add-on is installed, but no Steam icon in login or register. And don't know if the import even worked.

Is there a permission on this one? Or should it work out of the box?

If I force registration via Steam, its blank.
1517680091323.webp

Add-on is installed, but no Steam icon in login or register. And don't know if the import even worked.

Is there a permission on this one? Or should it work out of the box?

If I force registration via Steam, its blank.
View attachment 168121
It looks like you probably have some sort of conflicting add-on preventing the Steam button from showing. I'll PM you troubleshooting steps in a moment.

EDIT: Resolved! Simply user error - the Steam API key was never filled in.

Last edited:
You should see it in your email. We haven't quite had time to polish up the customer area of our site just yet ;)

We've gone and updated client section. Existing customers will be able to download new updates without having to check their email.

Currently on a 15 hour trip to the Russian embassy in DC to resolve some visa issues. So, for the next couple of days, I'll be a little hard to reach.

If you have questions or need support, please don't hesitate to message the other developer on this project - @^Alex

Additionally, as always support is also available via our Slack group. You can find it on the resource page.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

I posted it in the review, but I'll mention it here too. Working great so far.

Any chance of getting and update so we can display the users steam card in the postbit or in the corner of each post so we can see if they're in game etc while browsing the forum like the old XF1 version? :)

Any chance of getting and update so we can display the users steam card in the postbit or in the corner of each post so we can see if they're in game etc while browsing the forum like the old XF1 version? :)
Hey. We're working on it. It'll be added within the next couple of updates :)

New update should be pushed to the customer area within the next 15 minutes or so.

NOTE: You will need to reconfigure your permissions as they have been converted to proper permission nodes. They are NOT global settings like before. So, please ensure you have configured your user/group permissions after upgrading!

VUKjiTi.png

GQZTjfF.png

y40R3sI.png

QZKoB3H.png

dzGEiab.png

Added!

How can we update the add-on from 1.4.1 to 1.5.2?

Regards,
Loohney
You should be able to upgrade it like you would upgrade any other addon; extract the contents of the upload/ folder to your Xenforo directory and replace any files that already exist.

After that, you just head over to the XenForo ACP and hit upgrade on our addon.

@Assadi do you have some kind of roadmap planned for this addon?
The add-on is pretty much feature complete. However, if you have a request, let us know!

You should be able to upgrade it like you would upgrade any other addon; extract the contents of the upload/ folder to your Xenforo directory and replace any files that already exist.

After that, you just head over to the XenForo ACP and hit upgrade on our addon.

The add-on is pretty much feature complete. However, if you have a request, let us know!

The big one my users are really missing, is the Steam overview in a separate tab. Which games is the most owned, played and hours of usage in a listview.

The information is there already, so assume it will just about presenting it in a good way.

The big one my users are really missing, is the Steam overview in a separate tab. Which games is the most owned, played and hours of usage in a listview.

The information is there already, so assume it will just about presenting it in a good way.

Being able to put this info in a XF widget on the homepage would be pretty sweet, perhaps with tabs to flick between different stats lists.

You could have the most played games this week/month etc.

New update should be pushed to the customer area within the next 15 minutes or so.

NOTE: You will need to reconfigure your permissions as they have been converted to proper permission nodes. They are NOT global settings like before. So, please ensure you have configured your user/group permissions after upgrading!

VUKjiTi.png

GQZTjfF.png

y40R3sI.png

QZKoB3H.png

dzGEiab.png

Added!

Awesome, will check it out. Thank you :)

@Assadi Might want to review connected accounts on BlackTea/SteamAuth 1.5.2

It doesn't allow you to edit other Connected Accounts. I tested it a few times same issue

Screen Shot 02-18-18 at 12.09 PM 001.webp

After upgrading, I tried to test the service provider and it says "Error" when I try to login to my steam account. I put my domain and API key into the settings, but it's not working.

Nevermind, fixed!

Last edited:
After upgrading, I tried to test the service provider and it says "Error" when I try to login to my steam account. I put my domain and API key into the settings, but it's not working.
Hey! I'm about to hop on an airplane. But, @^Alex should be able to resolve this for you quickly!

EDIT: Appears to have simply been user error.

Last edited:
Top Bottom