RSS Feed Filter [Deleted]

Hi Snog,
it seems to be a very useful addon.
What do you think - is it possible to add a new option, that the rss only post stuff which is created by users by a special usergroups?

Let me explain you short what I mean:
I want to use the rss feed as a kind of "developer tracker" . I want to create a new area in my forum, but I want, that only posts will be shown, which are created by a special usergroup or if the user is marked as "Staff" member.

Hi Snog,
it seems to be a very useful addon.
What do you think - is it possible to add a new option, that the rss only post stuff which is created by users by a special usergroups?

Let me explain you short what I mean:
I want to use the rss feed as a kind of "developer tracker" . I want to create a new area in my forum, but I want, that only posts will be shown, which are created by a special usergroup or if the user is marked as "Staff" member.
This isn't an outgoing RSS filter, it's an incoming RSS filter.

If you want to filter incoming feeds for staff, just enter staff in the filter list for that feed.

Thank you for your quick reply.
Of course, i want to use the addon as an incoming filter - i want to create a feed which comes from my forum and it comes to my forum in a separate area, but I want to feed this spec devtracker area with feeds which are created by staff ( or special usergroup) created content.

Do you understand what i mean?

If i put the word "staff" into the whitelist - will it work? Because the post text does not contain the word "staff" itself.

Thank you again.

Thank you for your quick reply.
Of course, i want to use the addon as an incoming filter - i want to create a feed which comes from my forum and it comes to my forum in a separate area, but I want to feed this spec devtracker area with feeds which are created by staff ( or special usergroup) created content.

Do you understand what i mean?

If i put the word "staff" into the whitelist - will it work? Because the post text does not contain the word "staff" itself.

Thank you again.
You want to have a feed from your own forum into another forum on the same site?

Putting staff in the filter won't work then.

And that is far beyond the scope of this add-on. It is intended to filter feeds from other sites. Not specially filter feeds coming from the same site.

sry but if you search with :
if (strpos($filterfeed,strtolower($filterwords)) !== false)

some example- >
$filterfeed = ' Im searching a specific word in a string and only this specific word should tricker the go for create thread ';
$filterwords = 'read';

result -> thread will be posted, but "read" is only part of the word thread!

Im trying to do something like that:
if (preg_match ('/\s'.strtolower($filterwords).'\s/', $filterfeed))

actually my problem is that should the "filterword" be on the start of the string it would not work.

Is that correct im writing/thinking or ?

actually my problem is that should the "filterword" be on the start of the string it would not work.
You're free to modify this as you like. But, it would work as it is if the filter word is at the start of a string, that's what the !== false handles.

And I believe what you're looking for would be something like this...
preg_match("~\b" . strtolower($filterwords) . "\b~",$filterfeed)

Last edited:
is it possibile to add multiple keywords and filter only if they are all included in the rss?

for example:

photo AND sport, news AND senegal

Top Bottom