RM Usergroup Download Permissions [Deleted]

EL would it make things easier or not to combine your two RM Permissions in one addon?
i.e. permission to view by usergroup + category? permission to download by usergroup?
and it looks like you might be heading for permissions per resource?

EL would it make things easier or not to combine your two RM Permissions in one addon?
i.e. permission to view by usergroup + category? permission to download by usergroup?
and it looks like you might be heading for permissions per resource?
+1 :)

Global user group's permissions allowing to download resources override category settings set by this add-on.

For example, if you have allowed Registered group to download resources (in admin control panel -> users -> user group permissions), then unchecked permission for some RM category, users from that group will be able to download resources anyway.

Is this a bug or intended behavior?

Reactions: Dan
Is this a bug or intended behavior?
While development and testing, we've always disallowed the global download perms and gave the explicit permission back to the user via this addon.

But i see your problem and it's IMO a bug which should be fixed.

I don't have access to the source code but does this add-on add a 'download_by_perm' column to the database?
If so, is it dropped when the add-on is uninstalled?

thx
there's indeed a typo in the uninstall method:(

I'll release a new version ASAP!

It's actually related to a ticket as the person has uninstalled but is getting an error.

I have advised them to post here for support.

You should also add a default value to the column anyway.

Hi, I'm not sure how long ago I uninstalled this but it must have been about a year ago. I hadn't tried to create new categories in the RM until recently and I got an error due to download_by_perm in the table xf_resource_category.

I have now resolved the issue by dropping the relevant part of the database, however are there any additional parts of the database that would not have been removed on uninstall that we will need to remove?

Hi, I'm not sure how long ago I uninstalled this but it must have been about a year ago. I hadn't tried to create new categories in the RM until recently and I got an error due to download_by_perm in the table xf_resource_category.

I have now resolved the issue by dropping the relevant part of the database, however are there any additional parts of the database that would not have been removed on uninstall that we will need to remove?
No, the only db change is the additional download_by_perm column

Top Bottom