1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Restrict the number of days before next post

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by urpad, Apr 19, 2011.

1. urpad

urpad New Member

How can I setup XenForo so that a user can only make x number of post every x number number of days?

The forum will be for advertising but I want to set it up so members can only make one add post every 5 days.

2. borbole

borbole Well-Known Member

It can not be done with the current features. You will need a mod to do that.

3. urpad

urpad New Member

I take it that a mod for has not been made?

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

5. borbole

I haven't seen one but have a look at the link Brogan posted. If such a mod has been made it will be there. Otherwise you can request it.

6. urpad

urpad New Member

One has been made. I found it here. In fact, it was posted by you borbole, :D

borbole likes this.
  7. borbole

Well, my mod limits only the threads and not posts on daily basis and not for an amount of time. That is why I suggested that you request it. But glad to see that my mod came in handy to you :)

8. urpad

urpad New Member

This will help out a bit. I will put this in place for sure. My partner and I are setting up the forum so you have to be a member for some many days and have x number of posts before you can post in the advertising forums. This may not be the place for it but where would I found the forum ID for your mod? I put my mouse of the link for the forum and I use the number that is shown there but it is not working.

9. borbole

I support all my mods at their thread at my forum.

10. urpad

urpad New Member

Thanks for that. I heading there now to make a post.

11. borbole

No problem. Thank you for your understanding :)