1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 Restore Hover

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by justwordme, Nov 21, 2011.

1. justwordme

justwordme Active Member

Somehow I've kille dthe hover feature and description such as for Categories are not just written on the cat bar how do I diagnose and fix? Using Highly modified Aurora template)

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Style Properties -> Forum / Node List

Screen shot 2011-11-21 at 12.20.48 AM.png

3. justwordme

justwordme Active Member

Jake Thanks....But I've somehow really screwed things up and that didn't fix it...any further ideas?...i even checked the revert box....I just deleted the contents of the custom Aurora.css and extra.css to n o avail

4. RobParker

RobParker Well-Known Member

Is it working on here? I've had the same problem on my mac and it affected all XF sites and needed a reboot.

5. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Try to reproduce the problem on a default style. That will help to narrow it down.

6. justwordme

justwordme Active Member

I can see hover with other boards. However even my default doesn't work it still despite above settings being correct shows the hover items as included and not only hover....thanks for working with me is this perhaps a beta 5 item issue as I'm using 1.1.5

7. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It's an issue with your style - this feature has been available since the very first build.

8. justwordme

justwordme Active Member

Brogan even my default style with no mods will not display.....Is there some coding that might be missing or a template I need to diagnose? I cannot remember ever having it work even before I touched anything.

9. Brogan

If after creating a new, default style it's still not working, then all I can suggest is you upload the files again from the upgrade .zip.

Although I would expect there to be errors if there were any missing or corrupt.

Run the file health check to confirm.

Can you link to the site with the default style which isn't working?

10. Brogan

The user name and password you provided didn't work.

I checked the New Clean Unedited style however and the hover is working for forum descriptions.
    I suspect the add-on you have installed for the other styles to keep Search & What's New at the top of the page all the time when scrolling is what's interfering with the hover javascript.

11. justwordme

justwordme Active Member

Brogan thanks for looking I somehow missed that it was working for the forum descriptions....I also just learned there was more to creating an admin then clicking the check box and have since fixed.....One last question. Why if this is a fresh from scratch template would you think the hover is not working for categories?

12. Brogan

Hover doesn't apply to category descriptions.