1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Response not JSON!

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by emma57573, May 3, 2012.

1. emma57573

emma57573 Member

Im getting this error ('Response not JSON') every time I open a template in admin and every time I save a file. If I ignore the popup all is running as expected. However I would like to know what it means so I can fix it.
    On the forum Ive noticed sometimes (not all the time intermittently ) it loads a blank page and if I refresh it loads as expected not a major issue but annoying, Im wondering if these things are related.

I don't think this is a bug its something Ive done as Ive made lots of changes ;)

Just would like to know what it means.

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Any errors in the log?

Admin CP -> Tools -> Server Error Log

Also try disabling any addons to see if that affects the error.

Also a blank page is often a suppressed error. Try adding this line to your library/config.php file to see if that reveals any specific error message on the blank page:

Code:
    ini_set('display_errors', true);

3. emma57573

emma57573 Member

Nothing in the error logs, I will give that line ago see if it reveals anything.

4. emma57573

emma57573 Member

Just done that there are no errors, I have errors set in my php.ini file so I don't think that made any difference.
    It feels like a java script thing to me but I can't locate it at the moment. Just wondering what the message meant as it might help my investigation into the problem.

5. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It simply means the response was not of the expected format. This could be due to an addon.

6. emma57573

emma57573 Member

Thank you I have disabled a recent add on and it has fixed it, so that narrows it down.