1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resource Category User View Permissions [Paid] 1.0.1

This addon allows you to choose to which usergroups a resource category is visible to.

1. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

ExtraLicense submitted a new resource:

Resource Category User View Permissions - This addon allows you to choose to which usergroups a resource category is visible to.

Read more about this resource...

CFodder likes this.
  2. btfstone

btfstone Member

Code:
    Server Error

Undefined index: category_visible_to

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in MoreRmPermissions/Extend/XenResource/Model/Category.php at line 18
    MoreRmPermissions_Extend_XenResource_Model_Category->canViewCategory() in XenResource/Model/Resource.php at line 714
    XenResource_Model_Resource->canViewResourceAndContainer() in XenResource/Model/Resource.php at line 616
    XenResource_Model_Resource->filterUnviewableResources() in XenResource/ControllerPublic/Resource.php at line 609
    XenResource_ControllerPublic_Resource->_getResourceViewWrapper() in XenResource/ControllerPublic/Resource.php at line 811
    XenResource_ControllerPublic_Resource->actionView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
    XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /XXXXXXX/index.php at line 13

3. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

I can't reproduce this.

Sure that you installed this addon? When does the error appear?

4. btfstone

btfstone Member

when I install it. visit old categories.

5. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

We cannot reproduce this problem. Please check the PM we sent you so we can provide you a fix ASAP :)

6. btfstone

btfstone Member

Great! It is good works for me! Thx for ExtraLicense's help!

Dan and Dan like this.
  7. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

8. CFodder

CFodder Well-Known Member

Downloaded it, installed it, no problem with it - very nice little addon that does exactly what it says.

As a future update I wouldn't mind the option, if possible, to not display a category in the list - similar to the option you can use for nodes.

Keep up the great work :).

Dan and Dan like this.
  9. Ladegro

Ladegro Member

I can't get it to work. It installs fine, then I moved existing categories under a new category which should only be visible to usergroup A. But when I test permissions from within the admin panel with a user not having usergroup A, I still see both the resources and the categories.

Am I doing something wrong?

10. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

Please do the following:
    1. Without changing anything, just save all the categories again. This way the categories will rebuild. This is a known issue and can be read in the readme file.
    2. If the problem still persists after step 1, please just try it with a test account.

11. Ladegro

Ladegro Member

Okay, using a real test user, it works. But that is not very practical (loggin in and out, changing group permissions in between...). Is this considered a bug?
    Thanks for now, I can move on...

12. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

This must be a bug in the XenForo Test Permissions feature I guess.
    If it works with a real test user, it will work good :)

13. Allan

Allan Well-Known Member

Work with XenForo 1.2.0 Beta 1 en RM 1.01 ?

14. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

Currently testing. Will report back.

15. Live Free

Live Free Active Member

Hey goblues, what's the word? Seem compatible?

16. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

Looks like it is good to go (y)

Live Free likes this.
  17. WCFA

WCFA Active Member

Does this work on 1.4.5 ? I would like an addon like this but unsure its still supported has not been updated in along time.

18. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

19. WCFA

WCFA Active Member

Hmm was not aware, but you are correct, I just installed resources, not sure how one implements the prefixes
    in core. But sure a little reading I'll figure it out . Thanks Dan for pointing this out.

Dan likes this.