Resource and Add-on Releases

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilesDB

I am confused with the way translations and add-ons are mixed in one forum. And all that with a bunch of new forums being rolled out. Why are language packs not a separate forum? Or did I misunderstand something?

raor.webp

That's what the prefixes are for - just click on a prefix to filter.

Having separate forums for all categories versus one forum with prefixes essentially achieves the same thing.

No, all existing threads have been archived to start afresh.

That avoids having any out-dated, unsupported add-ons in the new forums and RM.

That's what the prefixes are for - just click on a prefix to filter.

Having separate forums for all categories versus one forum with prefixes essentially achieves the same thing.
I am not seeing a list of prefixes to filter within a forum except for clicking to the ones next to thread titles. Not a user friendly design.

In the Resource Manager, the last updated "Time" or "Time Stamp" is displayed underneath the tile as well as on the right side (where there are stars rating).. don't you think that is quite redundant. I'd prefer to see the release date under the Add-on title. This wa y i get to know how old is the add-on.

Include threads which already exist where?

The RM is not a forum.

If you want to merge existing threads with those automatically created by the RM then that is your prerogative.

BTW, responding with blablabla..... is hardly constructive or polite.

I think it's really nice how it is now... Even more: I see a chance to make the resource manager to a blog/articles system...
You have Categories and Ratings... I'm really excited... :D Thanks KAM for that.

Every support case can be found again with the search function and to reset the threads can be helpful for some addons with a lot posts.

Include threads which already exist where?

The RM is not a forum.

If you want to merge existing threads with those automatically created by the RM then that is your prerogative.
I guess that means no to my question ?!

BTW, responding with blablabla..... is hardly constructive or polite.
I think you understand very well why I said that. If we start from this principle, your answer is not also constructive.

A no is more simple.

Every support case can be found again with the search function and to reset the threads can be helpful for some addons with a lot posts.
It could have been done either way regarding the existing threads, and whichever way was chosen there would have been some against it ;)

As the saying goes, you can't please all of the people all of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom