1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 Require Approval for New Threads in one particular forum?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Sadik B, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Sadik B

Sadik B Well-Known Member

Hi Guys,

Is it possible to require Mod approval only for new threads in a particular forum? I was playing with permissions and can't see how this can be done. If not, how can all posts in a particular forum be set for approval?

Thanks

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Click on the node -> Forum Options: Moderate all messages posted in this forum

Sadik B likes this.
  3. Sadik B

Thanks Brogan.

So this means that all messages will require moderation in that forum. Now if I want to give one particular usergroup permission to post without requiring moderation? I am assuming by setting the create thread to Allow for that usergroup it will override the moderation requirement? Yes/No?

4. Brogan

To allow it for one group you will have to uncheck that and use the node user group permissions.

Revoke it for the Registered user group and Allow it for the group you wish.

5. Sadik B

Yeah that's what I had done initially, but my requirement is that I want to allow to create threads for one privileged usergroup, but moderate the new threads of Registered usergroup. If I set to moderate, it moderates everyone. And if I revoke the permission from registered and allow to privileged, registered users totally cannot post...

Any way around it?

6. Brogan

Ah yes, I remember now, there is no Follow message moderation rules permission for nodes.

So no, you can't do that.

Sadik B likes this.
  7. Sadik B

Ah... that's bad... Let me see if I can find some way...

8. ragtek

ragtek Guest

Akela and Sadik B like this.
  9. Brogan

10. ragtek

ragtek Guest

don't think so. i don't like the new rm..:p (and it's because of lack of time ...)

11. Sadik B