1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lack of Interest Requested XenForo Add-on System Changes

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by ragtek, May 10, 2011.

1. ragtek

ragtek Guest

I have a add-on with an own node handler and own controllers,group permissions, routes (/articlecategory /article/foo.1 ),etc....

Everything is working fine, while the add-on is activated.

When i deactivate the add-on, the add-on routes shouldn't be reachable, but they are reachable.
    The users can still access /articlecategory /article, the users visiting the sites are still listed in the online list AND THE BIGGEST PROBLEM:
    addons using node handlers which show the nodes on the index page, are also still shown! ( i know that i already reported this.)

ALso the search is still "linked" to the add-ons searchform, so i can use direct http://ragtek.org/xenforo/search/?type=ragtek_article to search for articles, which shouldn't be available anymore.

Also the usergroup permissions are here and i'm able to edit them... :(

BUT on the other side, the events doesn't run any more, so my page is COMPLETELY BROKEN because i deactivated the add-on.

It is IMHO necessary to deactivate EVERYTHING, just think about bug tracking.
    How should somebody check if it's a xenforo or a add-on problem?
    The standardtext "pls deactivate the add-ons and use an original style" can't work if you don't change the behaviour:p

It's NO alternative, to deinstall all the add-ons just to check which add-on is causing the troubles!

Laric likes this.
  2. ragtek

ragtek Guest