1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. This forum is for release discussion only. Discussions that do not relate specifically to the resource release should be discussed in another, more appropriate forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

"Reply to Thread' Button" (Forum View, next to Navbar)

Discussion in 'Template Modifications [Archive]' started by Vincent, Oct 18, 2010.

1. Vincent

Vincent Well-Known Member

Here is another small Template Modification:)

Here's a screenshot:

To do this, simply add the following code somewhere in the 'thread_view' template ;)

<xen:if is="{$canReply}">
        <xen:topctrl><a href="{xen:link 'threads/reply', $thread}" class="callToAction"><span>{xen:phrase reply_to_thread}</span></a></xen:topctrl>
  2. Tim

Tim Active Member

Doesn't work for me.
  3. kkm323

kkm323 Well-Known Member

me too
  4. Floris

Floris Guest

If it is the forum view, it's a list of forums, or threads in the forum ... so which thread are you responding to them?
  5. Jamie

Jamie Well-Known Member

Very good point Floris! :)

I did use this code and placed it in the thread view template and it added a nice Reply to Thread to the top right of the breadcrumb trail. I think that is what the original member meant when he posted this bit of code.

6. Vincent

My apologies, wrong template

It's fixed, sorry :(
    Tim likes this.
  7. Tim

Tim Active Member

Works like a champ!
  8. bizpro

bizpro Member

where to add it in thread view?
  9. Vincent

At the bottom, in the middle, at the top... You can choose where you paste it ;)
  10. sylwester

sylwester Member

11. Mike Law

Mike Law Active Member

I am curious,

These kind of little tweaks, how do we go about "voting" "suggesting" to make this part of the xenforo's core?
  12. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The8thLegion likes this.