XF 1.3 Replacing quick reply with start conversion with thread starter

sinful

Hey everyone!

At the bottom of a thread page, by default there is the quick reply field:

upload_2016-10-1_18-16-32.webp

I would like to modify it such that upon submission of the reply, instead of adding a reply to the thread, it starts a conversion with the thread starter, and the conversation name be the thread name.

Would love to hear advice from the community on how I could go about coding this, or if any solutions to achieve the above have been shared before.

Thanks!

It would have to be done as an add-on. You could change the quick reply form action to a custom action, and then extend the relevant controller to insert a new conversation.

It's a pretty simple thing to do actually, I could create an add-on for you if you wanted?

Liam

It would have to be done as an add-on. You could change the quick reply form action to a custom action, and then extend the relevant controller to insert a new conversation.

It's a pretty simple thing to do actually, I could create an add-on for you if you wanted?

Liam
Hey Liam, that'll be awesome mate! Will give you some beer money as a token of appreciation.

One feature to add would be being able to select which forums this would be applicable to :)

Cheers

Top Bottom