Replacing a license installation with another.

SneakyDave

I tried a search for this, but couldn't seem to find anything related to it.

Basically, I want to do a license transfer within my account so that I would be able to potentially transfer a license to somebody else.

Let's say I have a license (F123456789) that has never been transferred, and a license (C123456789) that I bought third party, and was transferred to me. The xF terms say that I can't transfer the C12345678 license again.

I'm currently using license F123456789, but I'd like to use C123456789 on one of my sites, because I know that I won't be transferring or selling that license or site.

To do this transfer, would I just replace the F123456789 files with C123456789 via FTP, or are there database changes also, or is it more complicated than that?

Where are the files located? I am launching a new site soon that I first started developing using a copy of xf from my original license as I wasn't sure I would actually go through with it. I've since purchased a second license for that upcoming new site but didn't realize that I would need to change anything in the site files to make it legit.

Just download the files next to the license in the Customer Area.

I'm not sure if anyone even knows whether there is any sort of license information embedded in the files, but it's always best to just in case.

Just download the files next to the license in the Customer Area.

I'm not sure if anyone even knows whether there is any sort of license information embedded in the files, but it's always best to just in case.
If there is some form of licence information embedded, that'd require unique hashes for the file health check (most likely), due to the differing licences.

But yeah, until someone does a file comparison we won't know for sure, so it's probably best to replace them all anyway.

Top Bottom