Reneue

Reneue [Paid] 1.5.21.0

No permission to buy ($35.00)

Enguerran A

Hello,

How can I do to have the sidebar next to the container without breaking anything? I have set a 20px padding to the sidebar and a 280px width (total is 320px =D). The width of the page is fixed to 1280px so the container has to be 960px; However, it's 980px ... I think that the padding of the sidebar isn't counted at all, and there is this 20px margin i want to remove.

How can I remove it to have a margin equal to my (sidebar + padding) width to have them stick together??

Mike Creuzer

Hello,

How can I do to have the sidebar next to the container without breaking anything? I have set a 20px padding to the sidebar and a 280px width (total is 320px =D). The width of the page is fixed to 1280px so the container has to be 960px; However, it's 980px ... I think that the padding of the sidebar isn't counted at all, and there is this 20px margin i want to remove.

How can I remove it to have a margin equal to my (sidebar + padding) width to have them stick together??
Show me the design you are trying to replicate and I can show you some code. Even if you want the elements to stick next to each other you will still want some kind of margin.

Enguerran A

I have done it on your demo board but it's the same on mine. Basically, I want that (without the pink color of course)

The margin would be : sidebar.width + 40px (the padding of my sidebar). At the moment I have this value + plus 20px.

I changed that in the template some time ago but everytime I used the collapse sidebar feature, the margin was set to add 20px. I guess javascript is behind that but that's not my domain at all ^^'

Enguerran A

by default, it looks like this

notice that I just added a padding to the sidebar and now, the sidebar goes above the container (because the margin isn't set the way I want ^^)

The margin i want to change is this one, from 295px to 305px

As you can see in this picture, it's not good (for my case)
but after the change :

Mike Creuzer

Im sorry buddy Im just not wrapping my head around what you and what the issue is. I mean I know that the collapse sidebar will set the margin for you. So if you can explain to me how it currently is and how you want it to be.

Enguerran A

I have a problem. I don't know what I changed but the tab with my name, when the visitor tabs is in the navigation, doesn't collapse but goes under the navtab and break my navigation. I precise that I just changed style properties.

image.jpg

Mike Creuzer

I have a problem. I don't know what I changed but the tab with my name, when the visitor tabs is in the navigation, doesn't collapse but goes under the navtab and break my navigation. I precise that I just changed style properties.

View attachment 92842
It looks to me like there just simply isn't room.

Things you can do:

• remove the text 'menu' from the off canvas trigger
  • remove the avatar
  • remove the username
  • decrease size of logo
  • decrease margins in between elements

When I set a background in "Style Properties > Body > Background > Image" it correctly displays it on the page, however the sidebar does not have a "content background," making the text blend in with the background. Is there a fix for this?

Enguerran A

I have modified nothing for the moment except little stuff such as "search bar in navigation", "covered style" etc... (I really like the dropdown better than putting a number. nice thing :)) but I think I have a problem with the search bar :/

I precise that in the code, the search bar is inside the navigation div. I don't know what is causing that.

Edit : my whole public tab left has a width of 716px, the search bar has a width of 291px but it doesn't fit inside the page width width which is 1170px... There is 163px missing

I figured out that deleting a tab was sovling this issue

Edit 2 : I have noticed that when the navigation is fixed at top, the search bar is in the right place...

http://puu.sh/g5j58/2b0e9038ff.png
http://puu.sh/g5j5P/894e803639.png

Last edited: