1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. This forum is for release discussion only. Discussions that do not relate specifically to the resource release should be discussed in another, more appropriate forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Remove Staff Online Box from sidebar

Discussion in 'Template Modifications [Archive]' started by Peggy, Dec 14, 2010.

1. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

If you're like me, you don't really care to show the Staff Online box in your sidebar. I'm sure you could wrap it in a conditional to hide it, but I'd rather just remove it.

Thanks to Jake for the instructions.

Open the sidebar_online_users template, find and remove this entire block of code:

Code:
    <xen:if hascontent="true">
        <div class="section staffOnline avatarList">
            <div class="secondaryContent">
                <h3>{xen:phrase staff_online_now}</h3>
                <ul>
                    <xen:contentcheck>
                        <xen:foreach loop="$onlineUsers.records" value="$user">
                            <xen:if is="{$user.is_moderator} OR {$user.is_admin}">
                                <li>
                                    <xen:avatar user="$user" size="s" img="true" />
                                    <a href="{xen:link members, $user}" class="username">{xen:helper richUserName, $user}</a>
                                    <div class="userTitle">{xen:helper userTitle, $user}</div>
                                </li>
                            </xen:if>
                        </xen:foreach>
                    </xen:contentcheck>
                </ul>
            </div>
        </div>
    </xen:if>

That's it.

zoldos, UKD, puppi and 8 others like this.
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You can also wrap that in <xen:comment></xen:comment> which has the same effect.

zoldos, UKD, Mr.Rick and 7 others like this.
  3. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Well-Known Member

thanks!
    I don't care to show the staff box at this time either

4. Floris

Floris Guest

Thanks Peggy, this is what I have on XenFans as well, we try not to <em> the staff.

Peggy likes this.