1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 Remove Gender Selection From Registration Form

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by TheBigK, Nov 11, 2011.

1. TheBigK

TheBigK Well-Known Member

I searched a bit and found that in order to remove the Gender Selection options altogether from registration page; template edits are mandatory.

I wonder why there's no option in the admincp to remove the gender option from registration form? o_O

Digital Doctor likes this.
  2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Probably because the default avatars have gender symbols. Even still, gender isn't required even though it is present.

3. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

+1
    Because the male dominated forums want to know who the ladies of the forum are !
    And Xenforo was made by men.

TheVisitors and Fuhrmann like this.
  4. TheBigK

TheBigK Well-Known Member

Well, on our forums we don't want to ask whether they are males, females or aliens or plants. Come on, I don't want to edit templates to remove that option!

Deepmartini likes this.
  5. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

6. Deepmartini

Deepmartini Well-Known Member

This is crazy. Why put another hurdle in the registration form. Let's make it as simple as possible to sign up. Especially with identity theft so rampant, etc. many people DO NOT want to list their birthday, gender etc. just so they can post in a forum! Xenforo give us that removal option in the admin panel please. Don't make us dig around and edit templates. Makes no sense! It's a minor thing to squeeze in before 1.1 rolls out and adds more value to the software.

7. Digital Doctor

+1

Please make gender optional on the registration form. I certainly don't want it.
    There are usually more people saying they are women than there are women anyway.

8. CBI Web

CBI Web Well-Known Member

If it was a required field, I could see a problem. Since it's not required, what's the problem?

9. jmurrayhead

jmurrayhead Well-Known Member

Plus, it has a default selection. So they don't have to answer it anyway.

10. Digital Doctor

Because it is irrelevant.
    If there was a question ... Do you go to church ? [ ] Y [ ] N
    It's not required, what's the problem ?
    Because it is irrelevant.

Why would I waste time collecting something I don't want to know, will never use ?

11. CBI Web

CBI Web Well-Known Member

Maybe it's not about you. ;)

12. Digital Doctor

To have a gender question as *mandatory* to display is certainly not a business-oriented forum.
    If you run a Call of Duty site it's probably fine.