Remove forums from the url

There is no option to remove that part of the URL. When viewing a forum page the forums path defines the type of URL (just like threads defines thread pages) so you can't just remove it. A feature that would allow you to change the path has been requested already. This might be implemented in a future version.

There is no option to remove that part of the URL. When viewing a forum page the forums path defines the type of URL (just like threads defines thread pages) so you can't just remove it. A feature that would allow you to change the path has been requested already. This might be implemented in a future version.
i hope so am planing on moving to forums.domain.com would look abit silly tbh

Thanks

This has been discussed a few times since majority of people have their forum on the subfolder site.com/forum/
At the same time, you will see that when you are at the forum directory, not at forum home (which is the most visisted url) nor thread view.

I'm still torn. Either use subdomain forum.site.com or use community folder instead of forum.

I went with /community in the end as it better encompasses the user experience than just /forum.

Most (all?) forums are communities so why not call them that?

I went with /community in the end as it better encompasses the user experience than just /forum.

Most (all?) forums are communities so why not call them that?
I know what you mean. It's not a question if you start out a new site.
What do you think about sites that have been around for 10+ years which heavily linked, people are used to a certain way, shorter name, etc.

I put xf in the main dir ;)

You can remove the route hard from the php code, .. but you'd miss out on /pages/ and /threads/ as well probably.

Top Bottom