[rellect] Likes Summary [Deleted]

refael

rellect submitted a new resource:

[rellect] Likes Summary - Likes summary in threads list.

Description

This addon adds the like summary line to the threads list of each forum.
You can see who liked the thread without entering into it.

Users find liked content more interesting to read.
A content with many likes is tempting to check out even if it's not the subject you're looking for.

View attachment 75483

If you worry about performances, note that this addon does not adds additional queries!

---------------------------------------

Compatibility
The minimum...

Read more about this resource...

Hello. Your add-on isn't working for me.

In some forums it works and in some other forums it doesn't work.

In some forums on the first page of the thread list. I don't see any likes and the style is broken. I am using the default style and the newest xenforo version.

But if i click on the second page. It is working normal. Also if i click on the "Likes" the style goes back to normal.

As you can see in the photo below. The Start Date & Likes are close together.

Capture.webp

Last edited:
Hello. Your add-on isn't working for me.

In some forums it works and in some other forums it doesn't work.

In some forums on the first page of the thread list. I don't see any likes and the style is broken. I am using the default style.

But if i click on the second page. It is working normal. Also if i click on the "Likes" the style goes back to normal.

As you can see in the photo below. The Start Date & Likes are close together.

View attachment 93778
Can you verify the threads you see in the list actually have likes?

About the styling issue, can you send me a link to your forum? I'd like to take a look as I can't confirm this at my end.

Yes i have confirmed that they have likes inside. I have sent you the link via pm.

The developer uploaded a new version and it is working now. Thanks,

Although please be advised that before i bought it i thought that it counted every single "like" within the WHOLE thread.

But it only counts all the "likes" within the First Post only. So i won't be using it.

---

Mr. Rellect. I am suggesting that you add the option in the admin panel to choose what type of "likes summary"

Display By:

Total "Likes" Within The First Post"
or
Total "Likes" Within The Whole Thread

summary.webp

Thanks.

The developer uploaded a new version and it is working now. Thanks,

Although please be advised that before i bought it i thought that it counted every single "like" within the WHOLE thread.

But it only counts all the "likes" within the First Post only. So i won't be using it.
I just want to mention here what we have discussed in private.
The first post likes presents the actual popularity of a thread IMO.
I think that adding the likes of all the posts as a total will give a wrong indication.
But, I do accept the feedback, and will provide this as an option in one of the next updates.

I'm going to push a little update now to fix a styling issue with the new Sort By Likes link.

The addon is perfect!
Exactly what I was looking for. The first post likes is the best and most accurate indicator to find good threads.
Great job & great addon.
Thanks so much rellect! works like a charm! ★★★★★

Just installed... Getting errors opening threads..

PHP:
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli prepare error: Column 'last_post_date' in order clause is ambiguous - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77
Generated By: admin, A moment ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/hockey/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(115): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare('\n\t\t\t\tSELECT thr...')
#1 /home/hockey/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php(381): Zend_Db_Statement->__construct(Object(Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli), '\n\t\t\t\tSELECT thr...')
#2 /home/hockey/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(478): Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare('\n\t\t\t\tSELECT thr...')
#3 /home/hockey/public_html/library/XenForo/Model.php(219): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('\n\t\t\t\tSELECT thr...', Array, 2)
#4 /home/hockey/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Thread.php(550): XenForo_Model->fetchAllKeyed('\n\t\t\t\tSELECT thr...', 'thread_id')
#5 /home/hockey/public_html/library/XenCentral/MultiSite/Model/XenForo/Thread.php(46): XenForo_Model_Thread->getThreads(Array, Array)
#6 /home/hockey/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Thread.php(646): XenCentral_MultiSite_Model_XenForo_Thread->getThreads(Array, Array)
#7 /home/hockey/public_html/library/ModEss/Model/Thread.php(66): XenForo_Model_Thread->getStickyThreadsInForum(5, Array, Array)
#8 /home/hockey/public_html/library/STO/Model/Thread.php(39): ModEss_Model_Thread->getStickyThreadsInForum(5, Array, Array)
#9 /home/hockey/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Forum.php(185): STO_Model_Thread->getStickyThreadsInForum(5, Array, Array)
#10 /home/hockey/public_html/library/ModEss/ControllerPublic/Forum.php(22): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionForum()
#11 /home/hockey/public_html/library/*******/AdvancedNoindex/ControllerPublic/Forum.php(6): ModEss_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionForum()
#12 /home/hockey/public_html/library/*******/MetadataEssential/ControllerPublic/Forum.php(12): *******_AdvancedNoindex_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionForum()
#13 /home/hockey/public_html/library/Borbole/FeaturedUsers/ControllerPublic/Forum.php(45): *******_MetadataEssential_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionForum()
#14 /home/hockey/public_html/library/Tac/DeDos/ControllerPublic/Forum.php(55): Borbole_FeaturedUsers_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionForum()
#15 /home/hockey/public_html/library/CTA/FeaturedThreads/ControllerPublic/Forum.php(145): Tac_DeDos_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionForum()
#16 /home/hockey/public_html/library/AVForums/ModCheckpoint/ControllerPublic/Forum.php(14): CTA_FeaturedThreads_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionForum()
#17 /home/hockey/public_html/library/NFLJ/Showcase/ControllerPublic/Forum.php(259): AVForums_ModCheckpoint_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionForum()
#18 /home/hockey/public_html/library/DailyStats/ControllerPublic/Forum.php(53): NFLJ_Showcase_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionForum()
#19 /home/hockey/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): DailyStats_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionForum()
#20 /home/hockey/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#21 /home/hockey/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#22 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(45) "https://xxxxxxxxxxx.xxx/forums/game-day.5/"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

Just installed... Getting errors opening threads..

PHP:
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli prepare error: Column 'last_post_date' in order clause is ambiguous - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77
Generated By: admin, A moment ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/hockey/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(115): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare('\n\t\t\t\tSELECT thr...')
#1 /home/hockey/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php(381): Zend_Db_Statement->__construct(Object(Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli), '\n\t\t\t\tSELECT thr...')
#2 /home/hockey/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(478): Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare('\n\t\t\t\tSELECT thr...')
#3 /home/hockey/public_html/library/XenForo/Model.php(219): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('\n\t\t\t\tSELECT thr...', Array, 2)
#4 /home/hockey/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Thread.php(550): XenForo_Model->fetchAllKeyed('\n\t\t\t\tSELECT thr...', 'thread_id')
#5 /home/hockey/public_html/library/XenCentral/MultiSite/Model/XenForo/Thread.php(46): XenForo_Model_Thread->getThreads(Array, Array)
#6 /home/hockey/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Thread.php(646): XenCentral_MultiSite_Model_XenForo_Thread->getThreads(Array, Array)
#7 /home/hockey/public_html/library/ModEss/Model/Thread.php(66): XenForo_Model_Thread->getStickyThreadsInForum(5, Array, Array)
#8 /home/hockey/public_html/library/STO/Model/Thread.php(39): ModEss_Model_Thread->getStickyThreadsInForum(5, Array, Array)
#9 /home/hockey/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Forum.php(185): STO_Model_Thread->getStickyThreadsInForum(5, Array, Array)
#10 /home/hockey/public_html/library/ModEss/ControllerPublic/Forum.php(22): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionForum()
#11 /home/hockey/public_html/library/*******/AdvancedNoindex/ControllerPublic/Forum.php(6): ModEss_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionForum()
#12 /home/hockey/public_html/library/*******/MetadataEssential/ControllerPublic/Forum.php(12): *******_AdvancedNoindex_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionForum()
#13 /home/hockey/public_html/library/Borbole/FeaturedUsers/ControllerPublic/Forum.php(45): *******_MetadataEssential_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionForum()
#14 /home/hockey/public_html/library/Tac/DeDos/ControllerPublic/Forum.php(55): Borbole_FeaturedUsers_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionForum()
#15 /home/hockey/public_html/library/CTA/FeaturedThreads/ControllerPublic/Forum.php(145): Tac_DeDos_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionForum()
#16 /home/hockey/public_html/library/AVForums/ModCheckpoint/ControllerPublic/Forum.php(14): CTA_FeaturedThreads_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionForum()
#17 /home/hockey/public_html/library/NFLJ/Showcase/ControllerPublic/Forum.php(259): AVForums_ModCheckpoint_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionForum()
#18 /home/hockey/public_html/library/DailyStats/ControllerPublic/Forum.php(53): NFLJ_Showcase_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionForum()
#19 /home/hockey/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): DailyStats_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionForum()
#20 /home/hockey/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#21 /home/hockey/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#22 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(45) "https://xxxxxxxxxxx.xxx/forums/game-day.5/"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}
I think this is not coming from this addon. There is no mention of LikesSummary in the StackTrace.

rellect updated [rellect] Likes Summary with a new update entry:

v1.1.0

What's new
  • Added a setting to display likes summary only in chosen forums.
    The setting is in the forum's settings under the Basic Information tab.
    By default it is enabled for all forums.

View attachment 105980

Removed files
Some files were moved into a different location. The following directories can be removed:
  • /library/rellect/ControllerPublic/
  • /library/rellect/Model/
If the directories are writeable, the upgrade process will...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom