[rellect] AdBlock Detector [Deleted]

For anyone who didn't received a mail about this update, note that there are issues in the mailing system for updates. To download the update you may use the download link from previous mails, it's always the same link (per customer).

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Reactions: rdn
Love this add-on! Thanks!!

One suggestion I would like to make: I want to be able to use a different text for different usergroups. (actually just 2: registered and not registered). Or any idea how I could do this?
(For my members I want to include a link to my donation page, while for unregistered visitors I only want the message.)

One suggestion I would like to make: I want to be able to use a different text for different usergroups. (actually just 2: registered and not registered). Or any idea how I could do this?
(For my members I want to include a link to my donation page, while for unregistered visitors I only want the message.)
Interesting suggestion, though a little bit complicated.

It will require a new interface just for that, to write the text for each group, and set the order priority (in case user is in few groups).

Since you need just two messages, for now I can tell you what to edit in the templates to accomplish that.
I'll send you that in the evening when I'll have access to a computer to test that first. Please send me p.m. if I forget.

Last edited:
I think I've found a bug. I want to exclude all nodes except our classifieds forums.
So I highlight all the top level categories *except* the classifieds category and click the 'Include child nodes' tickbox.
I would expect not to see the notification in any node under the ticked categories, but I do. I see them in category and hotspot (an addon) type pages when I shouldn't.

I think I've found a bug. I want to exclude all nodes except our classifieds forums.
So I highlight all the top level categories *except* the classifieds category and click the 'Include child nodes' tickbox.
I would expect not to see the notification in any node under the ticked categories, but I do. I see them in category and hotspot (an addon) type pages when I shouldn't.
I'll check that as well in the evening.

Alright, if you use the notice alert type, do the following change:
Edit 'rellect_adblock_detector_notice' template, Find
PHP:
{xen:phrase rellect_adblock_detector_message}
Replace with
PHP:
<xen:if is="{$visitor.user_id}">{xen:phrase rellect_adblock_detector_message}<xen:else />{xen:phrase rellect_adblock_detector_message_guest}</xen:if>

If it's any other alert type, do the following change:
Edit 'rellect_adblock_detector_js' template, Find
PHP:
{xen:jsescape {xen:phrase rellect_adblock_detector_message}}
Replace with
PHP:
<xen:if is="{$visitor.user_id}">{xen:jsescape {xen:phrase rellect_adblock_detector_message}}<xen:else />{xen:jsescape {xen:phrase rellect_adblock_detector_message_guest}}</xen:if>

When you done, the phrase 'rellect_adblock_detector_message' will be used for registred members, and 'rellect_adblock_detector_message_guest' will be used for guests (note this phrase doesn't exists so make sure you create it).

My exclude script was specific for forum node types. I've adjusted it now for any node type.
Thanks.

I've uploaded a beta update (v1.1.1), use your download link to get it.
Just re-upload the files, no need to install the xml.
Please let me know if your issue is fixed.

i have done some testing, adblocker plus gets detected which is ok

but i tested this https://www.getadblock.com with safari and the ads get blocked and the adblock detector notification also gets blocked

you may want to fix this issue so that this ad blocking software does not block out the pop up

but i tested this https://www.getadblock.com with safari and the ads get blocked and the adblock detector notification also gets blocked

you may want to fix this issue so that this ad blocking software does not block out the pop up
It blocks the overlay alert?
May you please test with the other alert types?

This addon sometimes don't work with this extension: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/adblock-plus/
If you can be more specific I'd be glad to check it out.

They offer this adblock version for chrome and safari.
Tested with my chrome seems to be fine and I can see the alert.
I don't own a mac so can't test that on safari, but I asked a friend to test it and he has confirmed that it doesn't show the alert in safari with this extension.
I'll investigate it, thanks for the report.

@XxUnkn0wnxX

Was a little tricky, but I think I fixed it.
It didn't blocked the alert specifically, the issue was a little bit different.
This extension using with safari isn't just blocking the scripts, it's also blocking few js events.
It's very smart actually, but I found a way to go around it.

A beta version is available, please use your download link to get it.
Let me know if the issue is fixed.

Reactions: rdn
Top Bottom