[rellect] AdBlock Detector [Deleted]

So some adblockers tend to block our ads, some others don't, but even if the ads are displayed, we still get a message up. Is there any way around that?

So some adblockers tend to block our ads, some others don't, but even if the ads are displayed, we still get a message up. Is there any way around that?
Hi,
Generally, this may be possible by creating a custom version with specific detection tests for your specific ads.
Though this won't be flexible.. meaning that if in few months you will replace your ads, it may stop working.

Hi,
Generally, this may be possible by creating a custom version with specific detection tests for your specific ads.
Though this won't be flexible.. meaning that if in few months you will replace your ads, it may stop working.

I'm not sure if it's the images I'm using, but I doubt it. I'd say the addon isn't detecting the addon used to display the ads. It's a pretty big addon, you may wish to look at it:

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/ads-manager-by-siropu.4090/

Hi,
The purpose of Adblock Detector is to detect if adblocker is installed.. unfortunately what the adblocker actually do in the site is not predictable.

Completely understand. I just thought I would point it out, as it's a well known script, and the adblock detector becomes pointless, as even those who have ads displayed are shown the warnings. :)

Completely understand. I just thought I would point it out, as it's a well known script, and the adblock detector becomes pointless, as even those who have ads displayed are shown the warnings. :)
Yea though that's not related to ads being shown.
Just want to clarify this also for other users who may read this, Adblock Detector will check if adblocker is active (installed and the domain is not whitelisted).
I'm not checking if ads are actually shown or not..

Last edited:
Just purchased, working great here; http://onefootballforum.co.uk/

I do not see any banners on your site. And I neither get a adblock detector message displayed. Does that mean the plugin is not working correctly?

I experienced the same on my site. No adblock detector message at all and no banners are visible.

I use adblockplus (the firefox plugin). No special settings. Jut out of box installation

1. See attached for kicks.

2. (y)

3. Really? Bummer. Did not seem like it would be much of an issue to go from hour to minute. I will need to see if my programmer can hack it.

View attachment 144105

This is relly a cool adblock detector message!

I also vote a for "minute" setting.

@rellect

In November 2016 you mentioned that you are in the process of adding a link into the code to get directed to a clubmembership in the adblockdetect message. How is the status quo of that?

What does it mean if I put a 0 (zero) in ACP for
Show alert every X hours:

in the fields of hour? Does it shows up only once and never again? And what about "unlimited"?

Hi,

I use the overlay feature for this addon. I get now Google crawl errors (403) and do not understand why. Could it be possible that using the overlay feature or this adblock detector in general makes problems for Google to index the site?

Hi @snoopy5
I do not see any banners on your site. And I neither get a adblock detector message displayed. Does that mean the plugin is not working correctly?

I experienced the same on my site. No adblock detector message at all and no banners are visible.

I use adblockplus (the firefox plugin). No special settings. Jut out of box installation
Is your issue is resolved? considering your following messages.
This is relly a cool adblock detector message!

I also vote a for "minute" setting.

@rellect

In November 2016 you mentioned that you are in the process of adding a link into the code to get directed to a clubmembership in the adblockdetect message. How is the status quo of that?
This is not exactly what I said, but yea, the option to set a different user group for adblock users.
This currently not stable enough to be used in production site. Still trying to find a ways to make it more reliable.
There are many situations that should be considered..
What does it mean if I put a 0 (zero) in ACP for
Show alert every X hours:

in the fields of hour? Does it shows up only once and never again? And what about "unlimited"?
Unlimited = once the message is closed, it will show up again after a refresh.
0 = once the message is closed, it won't show up again at all (or until cookies are cleared)
Hi,

I use the overlay feature for this addon. I get now Google crawl errors (403) and do not understand why. Could it be possible that using the overlay feature or this adblock detector in general makes problems for Google to index the site?
The adblock message won't show for google. (there are code that handles that both in php and js).
Furthermore, I'm not changing the http status in any way, so your problem must be related to something else.

It doesn't appear to be showing in threads, but is showing on the Forum Home and Thread List.

I haven't tested in a while, installed free version of AdBlock on MS Edge on a Win10 PC running the latest Founders Edition.

It doesn't appear to be showing in threads, but is showing on the Forum Home and Thread List.

I haven't tested in a while, installed free version of AdBlock on MS Edge on a Win10 PC running the latest Founders Edition.
May you send me a link to your site where I can see the problem? I'll take a look

Top Bottom