Registration Greeting

Registration Greeting 1.0.7

No permission to download
Nice add-on, however, I have questions:

• Any possibility to add some settings to the registration greetings cause I use a thread for each introduction cause I can't put a special thread for greetings?
  • I have activated the account confirmation for admin so when an user is accepted so registered, he gets the popup to introduce himself automatically or something else?
Thanks,

Any possibility to add some settings to the registration greetings cause I use a thread for each introduction cause I can't put a special thread for greetings?
Have you seen the option? It allow you using an existing thread for introduce.

I have activated the account confirmation for admin so when an user is accepted so registered, he gets the popup to introduce himself automatically or something else?
There have an option allow bypass confirmation and posting introduce. if you disable that option, nothing to do yet.

I'm not using only one thread but for each introduction, I use a thread so any possibility to add a forum box in addition to "thread"?

In fact, I want to obvious the introduction after the registration and the confirmation by the admin...

I'm not using only one thread but for each introduction, I use a thread so any possibility to add a forum box in addition to "thread"?
Yep! If you each user have an introduce thread. So use that.

In fact, I want to obvious the introduction after the registration and the confirmation by the admin...
Aww? What is step confirmation by admin? Do you mean that. After registered, push an introduce and awaiting admin to review that thread? Or something else?

It it possible choose who have option to have that intro by gander , female on , male off... Thnx
You wanna option to include the gender of new user into thread??

This is great but where do I find the source to edit the registration so users know that what they write in the "About Yourself" will be posted as an introduction?

It would be great to edit that to say "Introduction Post" and maybe the "write something about you..." could say "Write something to introduce yourself...."

Never mind about the phrases, I found them.

It would still be nice if they could enter in their own thread title or have it default if they do not change it.

It works the way it is set up and I have updated it so members know they are posting an introduction. There was some confusion with a member who just joined lol.

I have people join every day and never post though so this is really nice for people to see that new posters are joining daily and hopefully a thread started and linked to their account for notifications about replies will get them posting.

I would appreciate if you considered adding a way for users to input a custom title. It makes an intro forum fun when users have a variety of titles to their intros.

Here is my current intro forum: http://www.lemon-sauced.com/forum/index.php?forums/introductions.11/

You can see how when the users come up with the thread title it gives the node more life and personality.

It works the way it is set up and I have updated it so members know they are posting an introduction. There was some confusion with a member who just joined lol.
Ok. Maybe the description on register page did not enough for user understand it. I will try to update later.

About custom title. I will consider that.

Thanks, I think since I updated it in phrases it is more clear now. When it just says to say something about themselves it seems more like something that would end up on a profile. Users may think that can be kept private and post things that are personal and have a bad start.

Here is how mine looks now:
Intro Register.webp

Something else that would be nice is an explanation somewhere that says where to find the introduction thread and even better would be to somehow redirect or link them to the new thread or at least the forum where it was placed.

I really love the add-on though, thank you and I do hope you can add some updates to make it even better :)

Ooo, and if it the button would say: "Sign Up and Post"

I tried finding the controls for that button but have not found it yet.

I know I'm asking a lot here, just some ideas I'm sharing that I think would be great.

A good idea. 2 suggestions.

- When thread is created, a redirect to the thread would be great.
- When editor is shown after registered, a skip button would be great. Some people won't want to introduce themselves, for them a skip button which redirects you to the mainpage would be great.

Ooo, and if it the button would say: "Sign Up and Post"

I tried finding the controls for that button but have not found it yet.

I know I'm asking a lot here, just some ideas I'm sharing that I think would be great.

A good idea. 2 suggestions.

- When thread is created, a redirect to the thread would be great.
- When editor is shown after registered, a skip button would be great. Some people won't want to introduce themselves, for them a skip button which redirects you to the mainpage would be great.
Implemented.

Top Bottom