Refresh New Posts [Deleted]

Does the second page also refresh?
The auto refresh is for "find-new/posts", so if they are on page 2+ they're redirected back to the first page.
Even if it remained on the same page, there's no guarantee they'd miss posts since the number of posts returned would be different, and page 2 items would not be on page 1 etc.

@Alfa1 you beat me. After reading the comment from @Mouth I was thinking exactly the same.
The second page will also refresh, but then it will jump to the first. This can be annoying. On my forum, there are not that many new posts so people catch up and never use the second page.

If you are interested, I could make a checkbox on the 'find new posts' page. Your users will then be able to simply stop the auto refresh, or turn it on again.

Or, instead of a checkbox, I could disable the refresh when the user is on page 2+. That would be the easiest.

Last edited:
I will look at a user option to enable/disable for the next version.
ps: Ajax support would be cool but that is a bit to complicated for this small addon. I don't know exactly how to do that. If someone could point to the right direction that would be helpful.

Top Bottom