1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented Redundant

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by Brandon_R, Aug 1, 2010.

1. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

I think the box "Avatar, Signed in as X, Sign out" is a bit redundant as those 2 pieces of information are no further than 3 centimeters above which adds duplicate information.

2. Cezz

Cezz Well-Known Member

I agree but then I think it makes it more obvious who is logged in, for example I am currently using the shared machine in my house and not one of my laptop's/private machines... So if I walk away and my other half comes on here she will know I am logged in instead of here... it is a lot more obvious at least.

3. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

Edit - The box is now moved to the bottom of the page.

4. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Yep I had already brought this to their attention as reduntant, so they moved it.

5. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

I think it should of been removed instead of moved as it would probably not get any attention down there.

6. Cezz

Cezz Well-Known Member

Lol I liked it where it was personally, and would not have moved / removed it... However again everything will be customizable when we get out hands on this so I can wait until then and then make it look as I want :D

7. Lawrence

Lawrence Well-Known Member

I think it is better placed where it was, as that is where most forum users expect it to be.

Wouldn't it be better to show it at the top with the avatar and your last login time?I think when we make this forum live on our own sites, members will ask that it be moved to the top.

8. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

I guess it would but i don't think the last login time needs to be in there :p

9. Onimua

Onimua Well-Known Member

I still like it showing. I just agree moving it down made a little more sense.

Peggy likes this.
  10. Lawrence

I think just having your name displayed at the top will be easily missed by most (as it is just a string of text), and people will think they have been logged out. An avatar is a picture and that catches the eye a lot easier.

11. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

It's being tweaked again... :)

Lawrence likes this.
  12. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

This is like vBulletin's monthly developer chat thing but always :)

13. Lawrence

Like it Mike! :)

14. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

I like it better back up there now, along with the previously-not-seen info.

15. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

See the all new, never before seen, SHOCKING information here! News at 11. :p

16. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

I think I've finished tweaking it now. All happy?

17. Lawrence

Time zone?

lol, nothing is ever as easy as it seems! :p

18. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

I would have to say im happy.

19. Onimua

Onimua Well-Known Member

Look great. :)

20. Lawrence