1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed Receiving emails for threads which have email disabled

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by Brogan, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I have my preferences set to watch threads but no email.

[​IMG]

However, I am receiving emails for all threads.
    Including the 3 below which have new replies but have email disabled.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

The UI there is misleading as the text isn't actually associated with the check box. That's meant to imply that you're getting email for all watched threads.

3. Brogan

I have actually checked all of them and then selected "Disable email notification" at the bottom though.

I have just checked again and the text from some of the check boxes has disappeared, without me doing anything.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

4. Brogan

Also, hovering over the checkbox or word "email" results in a tooltip stating "visible".

5. Brogan

I'm still getting emails for threads I reply to, despite having the option disabled in my preferences for several days now.

I have to regularly select all watched threads and do the "Disable email notification" thing.

6. Mike

Brogan, are you still getting this issue? Obviously the check box has now moved, but I want to know if you're still getting email updates to new threads when you post in them.

7. Brogan

Hi Mike, no it all seems to be working now.

I only receive emails for those threads which still have "email" against them in the watched threads view.

8. Mike

I was trying to figure out if there was a bug that might have been triggered by changing the setting, though I can't really see what it would be now. Going to tag this as fixed. If you notice something weird again, let me know please. :)

9. Brogan

Will do, thanks Mike :)