Fixed  Receiving emails for threads which have email disabled

Paul B

XenForo moderator
Staff member
I have my preferences set to watch threads but no email.

prefs-png.346

However, I am receiving emails for all threads.
Including the 3 below which have new replies but have email disabled.

email-png.345

Attachments

• email.webp
    email.webp
    69.9 KB · Views: 50
  • prefs.webp
    prefs.webp
    35.2 KB · Views: 50
The UI there is misleading as the text isn't actually associated with the check box. That's meant to imply that you're getting email for all watched threads.

I have actually checked all of them and then selected "Disable email notification" at the bottom though.

I have just checked again and the text from some of the check boxes has disappeared, without me doing anything.

email2-png.349

Attachments

• email2.webp
    email2.webp
    72.5 KB · Views: 48
I'm still getting emails for threads I reply to, despite having the option disabled in my preferences for several days now.

I have to regularly select all watched threads and do the "Disable email notification" thing.

Brogan, are you still getting this issue? Obviously the check box has now moved, but I want to know if you're still getting email updates to new threads when you post in them.

Hi Mike, no it all seems to be working now.

I only receive emails for those threads which still have "email" against them in the watched threads view.

I was trying to figure out if there was a bug that might have been triggered by changing the setting, though I can't really see what it would be now. Going to tag this as fixed. If you notice something weird again, let me know please. :)

Top Bottom