1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed rc2 feed problem

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by gamecock, Feb 25, 2011.

1. gamecock

gamecock Member

I have a lot of feeds setup. This started showing in the logs today:

It seems to block execution of the other feeds

ErrorException: Undefined index: tag:news.google.com,2005:cluster=http://www2.timesdispatch.com/news/...beamer-willing-to-make-changes-in--ar-863652/ - library/XenForo/Model/Feed.php:367
    Generated By: Unknown Account, 12 minutes ago

Stack Trace
    #0 /home6/ifootbal/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Feed.php(367): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(Array, Array)
    #1 /home6/ifootbal/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Feed.php(493): XenForo_Model_Feed->_checkProcessedEntries(Array)
    #2 /home6/ifootbal/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Feed.php(506): XenForo_Model_Feed->importFeedData()
    #3 /home6/ifootbal/public_html/library/XenForo/CronEntry/Feeder.php(15): XenForo_Model_Feed->scheduledImport()
    #4 /home6/ifootbal/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Cron.php(353): XenForo_CronEntry_Feeder::importFeeds(Array)
    #5 /home6/ifootbal/public_html/library/XenForo/Cron.php(29): XenForo_Model_Cron->runEntry(Array)
    #6 /home6/ifootbal/public_html/library/XenForo/Cron.php(64): XenForo_Cron->run()
    #7 /home6/ifootbal/public_html/cron.php(12): XenForo_Cron::runAndOutput()
    #8 {main}
    Request State
    array(3) {
    ["url"] => string(43) "http://ifootballfan.com/cron.php?1298600290"
    ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    [1298600290] => string(0) ""
    }
    ["_POST"] => array(0) {
    }
    }

2. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

You should upgrade to RC 3. This may have been fixed.

3. gamecock

gamecock Member

no joy

4. gamecock

gamecock Member

5. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

I haven't been able to reproduce this. The line numbers are also different in RC3, so I do have to guess a bit about what line is doing it, but I'm pretty sure I see it.

However, I don't see why this is necessarily happening. I see the line, but I'm not sure why it's failing. Can you still reproduce it? (Regardless, I have prevented the error.)

6. gamecock

gamecock Member

rc3

#0 /home6/ifootbal/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Feed.php(374): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(Array, Array)
    #1 /home6/ifootbal/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Feed.php(500): XenForo_Model_Feed->_checkProcessedEntries(Array)
    #2 /home6/ifootbal/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Feed.php(513): XenForo_Model_Feed->importFeedData()
    #3 /home6/ifootbal/public_html/library/XenForo/CronEntry/Feeder.php(15): XenForo_Model_Feed->scheduledImport()
    #4 /home6/ifootbal/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Cron.php(353): XenForo_CronEntry_Feeder::importFeeds(Array)
    #5 /home6/ifootbal/public_html/library/XenForo/Cron.php(29): XenForo_Model_Cron->runEntry(Array)
    #6 /home6/ifootbal/public_html/library/XenForo/Cron.php(64): XenForo_Cron->run()
    #7 /home6/ifootbal/public_html/cron.php(12): XenForo_Cron::runAndOutput()
    #8 {main}

7. Mike

So it's still happening to you right now? Can you save a dump of your xf_feed_log table (via phpMyAdmin)? I couldn't reproduce it when I added the feed and I'm not seeing an obvious reason.

8. gamecock

gamecock Member

Its not happening since last night it appears. Something changed about the content I suppose. I had the feed disabled overnight because it was jacking things up. I turned it back on and ran it again without an exception

9. Mike

Well, I've made a change to ensure this doesn't happen, so moving to resolved.

10. gamecock

gamecock Member

scratch that, it just re-occurred. there is almost 30k records in that table you want

11. gamecock

gamecock Member

12. gamecock

gamecock Member

quote="Mike, post: 168485"]I haven't been able to reproduce this. The line numbers are also different in RC3, so I do have to guess a bit about what line is doing it, but I'm pretty sure I see it.

However, I don't see why this is necessarily happening. I see the line, but I'm not sure why it's failing. Can you still reproduce it? (Regardless, I have prevented the error.)[/quote]

Can you give me the code change?

13. Mike

library/XenForo/Model/Feed.php. This is in unified diff format, so you remove lines that start with "-" and add lines that start with "+". Lines without either at the beginning on context that you should leave alone.

Code:
             {
                 return $feedData;
             }

-        $existing = $this->fetchAllKeyed('
    -            SELECT * FROM xf_feed_log
    +        $existing = $this->_getDb()->fetchCol('
    +            SELECT unique_id
    +            FROM xf_feed_log
                 WHERE feed_id = ?
                     AND unique_id IN (' . $this->_getDb()->quote(array_keys($ids)) . ')
    -        ', 'unique_id', $feed['feed_id']);
    -
    -        foreach ($existing AS $id => $feedLog)
    -        {
    -            unset($feedData['entries'][$ids[$id]]);
    +        ', $feed['feed_id']);
    +
    +        foreach ($existing AS $id)
    +        {
    +            if (isset($ids[$id]))
    +            {
    +                unset($feedData['entries'][$ids[$id]]);
    +            }
             }

$feedData['entries'] = $this->_limitEntries($feedData['entries'], self::$_maxEntriesPerImport);