******* - Rate Threads with Stars [Paid] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

borbole

borbole submitted a new resource:

Rate Threads With Stars - It adds a star rating system for threads

This mod will add an advanced star thread rating system to your forum.
Star ratings are as follow:

1 star = Terrible
2 stars = Poor
3 stars = Average
4 stars = Good
5 stars = Excellent

Ratings can be set so they can be given anonymously as well for users with permissions to rate anonymously. You can also leave a comment as well to go with your rating point(s). The comments can be required or optional. Staff will be excluded from this restriction.

After ratings, users have also the option to...

Read more about this resource...

Hi Borbole :)

Do you have demo ?

This add-on interests me but one thing bothers me is the placement of the review:

3rating stars.webp

Hi Borbole :)

Do you have demo ?

This add-on interests me but one thing bothers me is the placement of the review:

View attachment 82526

I do not have a demo yet but I will set up one shortly.

You can place the rating link to another place as well at the thread view area.

Suggestion: Add Cons/Pros options:

Example in this add-on (Showcase):
View attachment 82527

Regarding the pros/cons thing, I do not plan to add it in the mod atm. Maybe at a later time.

Does this use rich snippet markup that will be indexed by google (like resource reviews)?

Thank you :)

But where on the site ?

It is not available to guests, only to users. I saw that you registered there. I approved your account. Now you can make use of the star thread rating system.

Does this use rich snippet markup that will be indexed by google (like resource reviews)?

This is a little different than the RM Reviews regarding the display. But the ratings will be indexed without problem.

Would be cool if there was a way to add a text field above or below the star rating so that it could be customized for more specific usage, such as book reviews. So if, for example, you could display "Rate/Review this book" next to the stars so that members would know they were rating a book rather than the thread itself, that would be great.

EDIT: I guess I should add that I know this would go beyond what the mod is advertized as, it's advertized as simply being a "thread" star rating mod. Just saying it would be cool, though. :cool:

Last edited:
Have noticed an issue on IE 11.
XF 1.4

gear_review.webp

Also, when viewing a thread with Ratings from an iPhone 5, all that is visible is the text 'Rate This Thread' but no stars or other inputs.

Have disabled until we can find a remedy.

I use Whisper2 which is very close to default. I don't have a default theme to test with although testing Arty's Dark Responsive and it looks fine.

I've also noticed this in Chrome now to but only see this when viewing as a guest. This must be an incompatibility with Whisper 2 https://xenforo.com/community/resources/whisper-2.53/

So far, we're only showing thread ratings in one forum, a gear review forum: https://www.survivalmonkey.com/forums/survival-gear-reviews.52/

I downloaded that theme and I will give it a try soon at my test installation and get back at you.

I use Whisper2 which is very close to default. I don't have a default theme to test with although testing Arty's Dark Responsive and it looks fine.

I've also noticed this in Chrome now to but only see this when viewing as a guest. This must be an incompatibility with Whisper 2 https://xenforo.com/community/resources/whisper-2.53/

So far, we're only showing thread ratings in one forum, a gear review forum: https://www.survivalmonkey.com/forums/survival-gear-reviews.52/

I just tested it out and it appears fine at my test forum.

screen.webp

borbole updated Rate Threads With Stars with a new update entry:

Top rated threads at the sidebar

In this version you can set it to show the most positive rated threads at the sidebar of your forum. The invisible threads will not show up. Also the group/groups that does/have not permissions to view a forum, will not be able to see the top rated threads from the forum/forums that they are not allowed to view.

You can also choose a forum and/or forums to exclude its/their top rated threads from showing up at the sidebar. To choose more that one forum, separate their ids with commas(,)....

Read the rest of this update entry...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom