Resource icon

[RainDigitalDesign] User Activity (Users Viewed, Viewing Thread) 1.1.5

No permission to download
Am I correct in assuming that this add-on added the "Show current activity" privacy option in the user profiles?
As far as I can tell, users can't set this option themselves. And a lot of them have no checkmark in that field, don't show in the list of users who have viewed threads, and wonder why. Is there a way to allow them to opt in/out themselves? Is there a way to set ALL registered users to show in that list, and allow privacy conscious users to opt out?

P.S. As an admin looking at a typical thread, I see 38 users who have viewed that thread. And my non-admin alter-ego sees 29. So it appears that approximately 20% of our users are concealing the fact that they've viewed that thread - probably unintentionally, judging from the few who have asked why they don't appear in that list. And I've already made 4 of them visible, at their request. So yesterday, it would have been 25/39 or about 30%.

Last edited:
No I didn't add any options to the user profiles. I do believe there was a request for something in the past to that effect though.

There is a stock setting in Xenforo for showing online activity and I believe 1.3 or 1.4 added a sub option to that? It's been so long. So basically if the user prefers to not be seen in online activity then it will hide those users from anyone except for those that have the bypassprivacy permision (admins mostly).

This add-on does not store data. I plan on making a 2.0 version but you should check out Xons version if you need one now. His requires rediscache though.

OK I will wait for your version because I personally do not like if any mod required another add-on ... (y) Why required another add-on when we are not interested using required another add-on? All add-on need work alone without another add-on help.

Pretty sure that Xon's version only gives you the option to view who's currently viewing a thread, not members who have already viewed.

This add-on does not store data. I plan on making a 2.0 version but you should check out Xons version if you need one now. His requires rediscache though.
That was the deal killer for me--I already have various caching and don't want to deal with yet another for just an add-on. (I understand the need for it but that is one more thing we have to deal with installing and keeping it current on multiple servers.) Aside from that, I have other add-ons Xon has developed for XF1 and they have all worked flawlessly.
Pretty sure that Xon's version only gives you the option to view who's currently viewing a thread, not members who have already viewed.
That is what I understood also. We use this add-on but it is only visible to staff, and seeing who read a thread is just as important as who is currently viewing it.

I will start looking into it. I haven't touched 2.0 until today. I am currently building a warehouse management system from the ground up. Software, Hardware, Deployment. I don't like the idea of saying I will start on this and get it done in a timely manner.

The 2.0 version will be written as this should have been. Writing it's own views. That would probably add a little bit to the learning curve for 2.0.

That was the deal killer for me--I already have various caching and don't want to deal with yet another for just an add-on. (I understand the need for it but that is one more thing we have to deal with installing and keeping it current on multiple servers.) Aside from that, I have other add-ons Xon has developed for XF1 and they have all worked flawlessly.

That is what I understood also. We use this add-on but it is only visible to staff, and seeing who read a thread is just as important as who is currently viewing it.
You might want to check this one out

The latest versions for XF1 and XF2 no longer require redis cache and can store to a MySQL table (the same one for both XF1/XF2). I plan to bolt on XF2 widget support at some stage for the XF2 version.

I uninstalled this (great) addon after switching to @Xon s 1.6.6 version in preperation for XF2.

At the same time I installed Xenforo 1.5.20b with Xenith Themehouse Style 1.5.20.

Now I get this on top of every thread page and thread listings:
1527153030440.webp

I think it's a relict of the templates RainDD_UA_Thread.css and RainDD_UA_ThreadViewContainer but I do not know, how to remove fully without destroying more ;)
It seems, that the template RainDD_UA_ThreadViewContainer is still rendered into the pages, although addon was uninstalled.

Can you please help, @rainmotorsports ?

Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
Ok, the template RainDD_UA_ThreadViewContainer is still rendered into the pages and active.

It shows the user avatars above thread listing, even though the addon is uninstalled. It seems to work, since Xons addon is running - but shows above mentioned error.

If I comment out the content of the template, no avatars are shown in thread listing and error disappears.

So, somehow your old and @Xon s new addon mix?!

Mixing the two add-ons isn't really supported. You'll need to re-install my add-on after uninstalling this add-on so it re-adds all the expected bits.

Ok, that sounds fine. I intended to re-install the other, but I will hear your hint ;)

Edit:
Yep, worked @Xon, thank you. I had to revert my commenting, but it seems to be correct now.

Last edited:
Ok, that sounds fine. I intended to re-install the other, but I will hear your hint ;)

Edit:
Yep, worked @Xon, thank you. I had to revert my commenting, but it seems to be correct now.

Glad you got it sorted. Originally Xon hollowed out my design and threw in his code. So it wouldn't have been a surprise if there was a severe conflict.

Reactions: Xon