Resource icon

[RainDigitalDesign] User Activity (Users Viewed, Viewing Thread) 1.1.5

No permission to download
Am I doing something wrong?

Probably not. I will have to look at it. The next 2 weeks at a minimum are impossibly busy for me. I have to write an inventory management system in 2-3 weeks and it turns out the client who is going to be using it happens to be a cyber security firm so there goes the idea of hoping the client doesn't try to security test the piece of crap.

I will try and install the addon in question on TBG's site tomorrow and take a quick look at how its inserting, etc and come up with a solution if I have time.

Another way to do it is to change the template modification to hook onto something else. Can put something in the template to hook on thats before its current hook or can even just put the template modification contents in the template. Nothing wrong with it but I would prefer to help you with a solution that doesn't need to be maintained.

Maintenance free would be good. And we're not live yet. Our live site is still running vB. We want our XF site to be as consistent with the old one as possible, while taking advantage of XF's features. So there's no great hurry. If we have to scroll past it for a while, I can live with it. IMHO, we're about ready to open the test site to a few beta testers - and they won't be able to see the Who list.

Alright I will try and put out an update tonight that changes the template modification in such a way that altering it's execution order will move it above STP.

Andy is inserting his template mod ABOVE the hook point while mine was below. So no matter what the order is it ends up below.

@rainmotorsports, Please can you add support for show Users Browsing Forum?

Example:

70a20856595a45f9b9cd99d665e27ed7.png

Hi, is there any pre-determined order that the list of members who have visited the topic appears in? It's clearly not alphabetical so are the member names listed in order of what time/date they visited the topic. For example the first member in the list would be the topic starter and the last in the list will be the last member who viewed the topic?

I notice that if a member views the topic a second time their position in the list does not alter which leaves me to believe that it is ordered by time/date first visited, but would like some confirmation if possible. Thanks :)

Last edited:
Mines shows relative to the topic, while this add-on currently shows relative to the last activity on the entire forum.

Have you got a link to your add-on please?
As he says his version is built around the concept of using Redis Cache. Which honestly is great for large sites where the whole concept of doing this becomes a performance issue.

Mine doesn't do it yet because Xenforo only records 1 date/time entry. I can only show you that at the moment and it's not all that useful if it never changes.

is there any way to control how long the thread viewers are saved ? i want to display thread viewers from last 2 years but this addon seems to keep only thread viewers from the last months :(

is there any way to control how long the thread viewers are saved ? i want to display thread viewers from last 2 years but this addon seems to keep only thread viewers from the last months :(

After about a month the names drop off the "who viewed the thread". Is there any way to keep the names showing forever?

Right now no. But a year is easily possible for now. Resources have this funny tab called FAQ or probably every other page of this thread as well.

I have a user that does not want to show up as a user that has read....is there a way? I know I can make him not see the list but how can I make him not show in list to others

I have a user that does not want to show up as a user that has read....is there a way? I know I can make him not see the list but how can I make him not show in list to others

If he sets his online visibility to off that should do it. Thought I can't remember if that applies to both halves or not.

If a user views and leaves the thread, how long will it be till it's reflected that he left the thread?

I don't see a setting for that currently, and I'm unsure as to when a user may drop off the currently viewing list (which is the only list I'm using currently).

If a user views and leaves the thread, how long will it be till it's reflected that he left the thread?

I don't see a setting for that currently, and I'm unsure as to when a user may drop off the currently viewing list (which is the only list I'm using currently).

Whatever the user views any other page on the site. If they view the thread and close the site it will probably be the there until the user online timeout setting. Same time as the user online last after they leave the site.

It's literally reading the user session data for the last activity.

Top Bottom