Resource icon

[RainDigitalDesign] Floating Navigation 1.0.2

No permission to download
None of the CSS should interfere with any of the ad locations. However you never know. Did you check with and without or is it not happening consistantly?

It shouldn't its included in the 10002 z-index group in the css but i can look at it if you have a link.
Will send you a link.

I have noticed this changes with the different responsive screens. For example, looking on my phone in the ResponsiveNarrow layout, it looks fine.
But if you then look at it at ResponsiveMedium or Wide, the shadow starts to fade into the top of the user mini profile popup box. And if you view it ResponsiveFull, the shadow completely covers a good portion of the popup as well as anything in the top position of the sidebar disappears and is blended out.

I get what you mean now. Hmmm 2 choices really. I can return the z-index's to more realistic values. Which means idiotic addons not respecting the floating nav. Or put in some css to increase the z-index on the fadeout.

Honestly I have a template mod addon that fixes all the random issues I have with XenPorta so I was planning on returning the z-indexs to normal anyways.

Can you please make an option to disable floating nav on specific screen width?
I would like this to disable on small mobile screen.
Thanks!

@rainmotorsports When I click the user menu and then click preferences and the preferences pop up, the user menu stays and overlaps that. It is a bug. It doesn't happen when it is disabled.

Attachments

• bug.webp
    bug.webp
    43.8 KB · Views: 10
@rainmotorsports When I click the user menu and then click preferences and the preferences pop up, the user menu stays and overlaps that. It is a bug. It doesn't happen when it is disabled.

It's a zindex issue I think the overlay is at 9999 or something and I have mine set high because of xenporta issues. If you know how to edit the CSS templates you can lower it. If not it will be update within the week.

Also, shouldn't the admin bar be sticky before the navigation bar with the forum and member tabs? What i mean is the admin bar dosen't become sticky until I reach the main navigation bar. Shouldn't it be sticky before that?

Also, shouldn't the admin bar be sticky before the navigation bar with the forum and member tabs? What i mean is the admin bar dosen't become sticky until I reach the main navigation bar. Shouldn't it be sticky before that?

Its not designed that way. I could look at it but generally the header isnt very tall and people reach that point pretty quickly. Also don't think I've seen it the way you want in any other implementations but I could wrong.

As far as the bug. Thought we fixed that one. Guess not. Another zindex that needs to be lowered below the threshold

@CarpCharacin I wanted to give you an update and @tommydamic68 maybe this will address your question about abandonment. I thought I'd have this sinple fix out by now but not even being installed since I made it for someone else I haven't been able to quickly test and release.

I just worked 32 hours in 2 days in Cleveland Ohio and have to be in Washington DC at 8am. Driving not flying. Just got home. I'll look at it Monday most likely. Whole month has been like this.

Can you please make an option to disable floating nav on specific screen width?
I would like this to disable on small mobile screen.
Thanks!

I took this out when I made this to simplify it. I will look at adding it back in.

@rainmotorsports - can you fix this issue o I can continue to use the add on?

When his issue is fixed yours should be fixed with it.

Realistically all you should need to do is look in templates for raindd find the CSS template that has the zindexes and change them from 10000 something to say 9998 and below.

I won't throw up a release without testing it though.

Reactions: rdn
@CarpCharacin I wanted to give you an update and @tommydamic68 maybe this will address your question about abandonment. I thought I'd have this sinple fix out by now but not even being installed since I made it for someone else I haven't been able to quickly test and release.

I just worked 32 hours in 2 days in Cleveland Ohio and have to be in Washington DC at 8am. Driving not flying. Just got home. I'll look at it Monday most likely. Whole month has been like this.

I took this out when I made this to simplify it. I will look at adding it back in.

Realistically all you should need to do is look in templates for raindd find the CSS template that has the zindexes and change them from 10000 something to say 9998 and below.

This worked- thank you.

Code:
position: fixed !important;
    z-index: 9999;
    @property "raindd_fn_shadow";

However I just noticed that the rare up by the "X" is running into the navigation bar. There should be a space there. Not sure if its always been like that. As you can see below how it should look.

Screen Shot 2016-09-03 at 4.22.29 PM.webp

Screen Shot 2016-09-03 at 4.26.20 PM.webp

Yeah but remember the fix because it shouldn't have to be done that way. I'll keep an eye out for it when I do my fix. I'm still at work in DC if you can believe this BS.

Top Bottom