Raffles for XenForo 1.x [Deleted]

So it took me a little while but I figured it out. The error occurs when I try to add the bottom two usergroups to the Forbidden Usergroups list. As soon as I tick those boxes it generates the error.

Alright, first who's site is this on? If it's Cees50's site, you never downloaded an update that was sent. Updates are always sent to the paypal email address that purchased the product. I'll re-send it today. Be sure to download and install it. (it was sent to your 'ilse.xxx @ gmail' account)

Second, I can't duplicate the problem at all. Even checking the last two usergroups doesn't duplicate the problem. And there is no need to check anything in the Forbidden usergroups section UNLESS you want to exclude an additional usergroup that is included in one of the the Allowed usergroups. IE: The default XenForo install places admins in the registered usergroup, and the admin usergroup is an additional usergroup. So, if you want to exclude admins, THEN you would check the administrator box in Forbidden usergroups.

Last edited:
Just to be sure, I've sent everyone that has purchased this mod a fresh download link. (except for DirtRider. I know for a fact he already has all of the current files)

Its on my site :-)

I didnt recieve the update, now i did. Gonna try this and see if i have the same problem. Thanks for youre respond

Heya. I heard it will not allow users to create raffles.

So i wonder, is it possible one option to we set one one "Raffle Creator" by user ID, or simply the user that gave the copy for the site giveaway?

Also is this a "fixed" version or there are update plans being worked on?

Heya. I heard it will not allow users to create raffles.

So i wonder, is it possible one option to we set one one "Raffle Creator" by user ID, or simply the user that gave the copy for the site giveaway?

The latest version that was released is the fixed version and we cannot find any issue with it at all. To your question about members creating raffles see the below quote from Snog

I thought long and hard about this and I won't add the ability for usegroups to create raffles for anyone.

BUT, since someone would eventually discover this on their own, there is a way to allow individual users to create raffles.

The way I look at it is, if you trust someone enough to create a raffle that could negatively impact your site if it's not what it says it is then you trust them enough to give them limited admin access.

You can allow individual members to create raffles by adding them as an Administrator, DO NOT change their usergroup, and ONLY set the 'Administer Raffles' permission.

Once that's done, they should only have access to the 'Edit Raffles' and 'Raffle Entries' selections under the 'Applications' tab in the ACP.

If they have access to anything else, such as another mod, you need to contact whoever wrote that mod to have them properly designate Admin permissions for their mod. I won't change my coding to compensate for another mod's lack of security.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'fixed'. Versioning for my premium mods is handled on my site, not here. People that purchase premium mods from me are notified by email when there's a version change.

So far as updates go, there shouldn't be any beyond some very minor updates for, what were basically typos in coding that weren't found in the Beta stage, just after the XenForo version release. The raffle system is a proven system that's been around for years and shouldn't need any updates at this point. The only exeception might be if there is a change to XenForo that requires an update to the raffle system.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'fixed'. Versioning for my premium mods is handled on my site, not here. People that purchase premium mods from me are notified by email when there's a version change.

So far as updates go, there shouldn't be any beyond some very minor updates for, what were basically typos in coding that weren't found in the Beta stage, just after the XenForo version release. The raffle system is a proven system that's been around for years and shouldn't need any updates at this point. The only exeception might be if there is a change to XenForo that requires an update to the raffle system.
That was my question, if you would only do maintenance updates or also updates with new features (what is always good). But it works good enough already, only the price is making me wait till i am capable of being a buyer.

Put it this way if you purchase one of Snogs mods he is always on top of any bugs that may crop up and that is not that often as they are tested very well before release. If you have feature request he is also always willing to look at those as well.

Also there's something.... Can i "cheat" the raffle system and pre-define a winner in the creation settings?

Also is the sidebar working with Widget framework? I find frustrating when the sidebar disappears and i must pay extra to what i already paid for the addon to make it work.

Last edited:
I might have completely overlooked it, but how can a user see how many tickets he already purchased?

The raffle will tell give you all the information about that raffle on the page something like this

• Start Date: 29th July 2013
  • Enter Through: 30th August 2013
  • Draw Date: 31st August 2013 at 12:00 PM
  • Entries Per User: 4
  • Enter once every 7 days
  • Number of Prizes: 1
A member will take his first ticket and will only be able to take the next one as set out in the setup of that raffle. He will be told that he can only take another ticket in x days like this

You must wait 6 days 23 hours 59 minutes before you can enter this raffle again.

Also there's something.... Can i "cheat" the raffle system and pre-define a winner in the creation settings?

Also is the sidebar working with Widget framework? I find frustrating when the sidebar disappears and i must pay extra to what i already paid for the addon to make it work.

No you cannot cheat the number is selected at random for the winner. As far as the Widget framework goes that would be an issue for that developer I think.

No you cannot cheat the number is selected at random for the winner. As far as the Widget framework goes that would be an issue for that developer I think.
The only way add-ons work with the widget framework is the developer make that block change that we import as a widget, as add-ons like TaigaChat did for who uses it. The problem of Xenforo limitations that force developers to fix it manually.
As i can't disable the framework to get the sidebar working, well... I can't buy this add-on as it would not be fully working. :(

I have the Widget Frameworks running on my forum and I am not having any issues with this mod and it displaying the block in my side blocks at all ?

Top Bottom