[OzzModz] Raffles for XenForo

[OzzModz] Raffles for XenForo [Paid] 2.0.15

No permission to buy ($39.00)
That would be correct and you haven't missed anything.

Let's say the raffle costs 1 credit per entry and like your raffle limited the user to 2 entries. Then "You have enough credits to enter this raffle 2 times" were displayed, Users that know they have 11 credits would complain that the information is wrong and they have enough to enter 11 times. But, they are limited to 2 times.

It's a semantic problem where 1/2 the people will complain it's wrong and 1/2 will say it's right.

yeah can see it from both sides now. Thanks for the update.

Thanks for the addon. A suggestion : add a field where we can see the total participants to a raffle (in raffle list, and raffle view).

Thanks for the addon. A suggestion : add a field where we can see the total participants to a raffle (in raffle list, and raffle view).
You can already do that in the admin area when you view entries there.

It's not in the public area because for some reason, people tend not to enter a raffle when they see the number of entries there. They don't care about a list of names, but the number seems to bother them.

Is there a way that a user can buy more than one ticket at once?
Yes users can enter multiple times at once, see "Maximum user entries", "Time between entries" and "Entries in time period" on the raffle's Limits tab when setting up a raffle.

Yes users can enter multiple times at once, see "Maximum user entries", "Time between entries" and "Entries in time period" on the raffle's Limits tab when setting up a raffle.
It only allows one ticket purchase at a time, a user cannot choose to buy a block of 100 tickets, they would have to push the button 100 times.

It only allows one ticket purchase at a time, a user cannot choose to buy a block of 100 tickets, they would have to push the button 100 times.
If you set those 3 settings, combined they will allow the user to enter the number of times to enter in a spin box up to the limit they are allowed to enter all at once.

times.webp

When checking to be sure it works, it did reveal that there is now a display problem that has been corrected in the next release.

It should look like this...

timescor.webp

That is great, could you give me the update code so I can alter the snog_raffles_view template until the release?
I would be glad to, but please send me a PC with your user name on my site. I don't show anyone with your user name as an owner of the raffles add-on.

Last edited:
Snog updated Raffles for XenForo 2.x with a new update entry:

Raffles for XenForo 2.x Update 2.0.6

An update to Raffles for XenForo 2.x has been released. Those that have purchased this add-on, please log into your account on my site to download this update.
  • Change - Slight sidebar widget template change for HTML5 compliance
  • Fix - Users able to view and enter raffle without view permission under some circumstances
  • Fix - Multiple entry prompt displayed on multiple lines
  • Add - Error when no user criteria is selected for when creating/editing a raffle
  • Fix - Hard coded...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Does this addon have options so that inactive members do not win the raffle ie: You must make 10 posts per week/month in order to enter the raffle. I do not think it would be fair for those that do not really contribute anything, enter the raffle, they win, then they are gone until the next raffle starts. This alone would motivate members to post more so they can be eligible to enter the raffle for a chance to win.

Does this addon have options so that inactive members do not win the raffle ie: You must make 10 posts per week/month in order to enter the raffle. I do not think it would be fair for those that do not really contribute anything, enter the raffle, they win, then they are gone until the next raffle starts. This alone would motivate members to post more so they can be eligible to enter the raffle for a chance to win.
No it does not.

But, you could do something like that with user groups and only allow those user groups to enter the raffle.

Yep, that's great.

And how do the people pay for the tickets? PayPal?
There is no payment system included with the raffle system. If you want people to "Pay" for entries, that is usually handled by a credit system such as DB Credits. Once a credit system is set up, you can charge those credits to enter a raffle.

Top Bottom