[OzzModz] Raffles for XenForo

[OzzModz] Raffles for XenForo [Paid] 2.0.15

No permission to buy ($39.00)

Snog

Snog submitted a new resource:

Raffles - Run raffles on your XenForo 2.x forum

Raffles, giveaways, and contests, whatever you wish to call them, are a great way to increase traffic on any forum.

Features:
  • Define a different prize image for each raffle.
  • Set raffle rules on a per raffle basis.
  • Set raffles to start in the future or on the day you create the raffle.
  • Set raffles to stop accepting entries on a given date at a given time.
  • Set raffle winners to be drawn on a given date at a given time.
  • Set usergroups allowed to enter raffles...

Read more about this resource...

Wow man this is pretty cool. So, our club (501c3) has a couple events per year where we raffle off prizes, we follow all the state regs (have a raffle license, pay sales tax, etc) but right now we do this with physical tickets that are a sheet of 25 tickets with the same number.

We sell the ticket sheets, put out ticket drop-boxes, then manually draw numbers and call them out.

If there was a way to put all the raffle items up online with pics, description, etc via a system like this, and then have everyone purchase the tickets through the forum & "drop" their tickets on the items they want, that would be perfect!

Is this basically what this system can do?

So if I have say 20 raffle prizes, and some of those are multiple, can someone buy a "block" of tickets (whether those be all the same number or sequential, or random, whatever) and then distribute those tickets as they see fit?

Then when they win, they could just bring up their phone and show us their email/notification and collect their prize, then we mark it as collected?

This would really help close a "hole" in the system, we are mandated by law to draw only one winning ticket per prize and then we cannot require them to be present to win. We can require them to be present to purchase though, but then we have to track them down if they leave. This solves that issue. It would be simple to add them to an "attending" usergroup when they check in that would then allow them to purchase tickets.

There would also need to be a cash payment option, some people just prefer cash - then someone would have to "apply" a credit to their user account, should be pretty straight forward I would think

Seriously useful for us!! Thanks for developing it.

Actually I just noticed you have this for 1.x as well, is there any major functionality change?

If you (today) purchase the 1.x license, is there an upgrade path to 2.x?

@Floyd R Turbo Wow, that's a lot of questions. :D

I'll do my best to answer them all...

Yes, you can put all raffles online with pictures, descriptions, etc.. I don't have any raffles running on my site right now, but I do have some drawn raffles you can look at to get a general idea of the system. https://snogssite.com/raffles-history/

When a raffle is online, they aren't purchasing "tickets" per say. They are purchasing an electronic entry into a specific raffle. So unless you have some kind of a point system (like is available for XF1 and I would imagine will be for XF2 also) where it costs the users points for each entry, they can't purchase a large group of entries and spread them out between different raffles.

I also must clarify that the raffle system does not support purchasing tickets for cash directly. That would be a function of a third party add-on for points that can be purchased with cash. The raffle system only allows members to enter based on the criteria set by the site admin. And the raffle system acts as a 'spender' of the points purchased until the user has no points left.

With that said, you could allow people to purchase account upgrades that change their user group. Then allow that user group to enter X number of times in each raffle. Which is sort of along the same lines as your "attending" user group idea. Or, you could give them X trophy points on their account and charge X trophy points for each entry into a raffle. There's a multitude of possibilities for how it could be done.

So far as differences between the XF1 version and this version, the main change is everything is handled in each individual raffle in this version. In the XF1 version, there are universal settings that apply to all raffles. In this version, each raffle can define it's own money system, user criteria, etc..

There is an upgrade path from the XF1 to XF2 version. However, support for the XF1 version does not cover upgrading to the XF2 version. There is a charge for it. At this time, there is special upgrade pricing available for this version.

Let me see if I get this:

One can utilize a point system by which accumulated points can be used to enter a raffle. "Raffle" being one prize, or multiples of one prize.

Points can be purchased using multiple methods, the method of purchase and the point system those purchases go towards are actually outside of this addon scope - it just interfaces with whatever system you have in place

Right?

Let me see if I get this:

One can utilize a point system by which accumulated points can be used to enter a raffle. "Raffle" being one prize, or multiples of one prize.

Points can be purchased using multiple methods, the method of purchase and the point system those purchases go towards are actually outside of this addon scope - it just interfaces with whatever system you have in place

Right?

Exactly. :)

Nice. Now I just need to figure that side of it out :LOL:
So far as differences between the XF1 version and this version, the main change is everything is handled in each individual raffle in this version. In the XF1 version, there are universal settings that apply to all raffles. In this version, each raffle can define it's own money system, user criteria, etc..
This may or may not make a difference as to whether or not I look at the 1.x addon or this one. I guess this is something we would only use in a scenario where the "raffle" that we do is actually a whole bunch of individual raffles that are all treated the same - same tickets are purchased, etc. However we sometimes do a member drawing which is no cost and everyone gets one ticket, that could be done better in 2.x vs manually.

That being said...my mind explodeth with the possibilities for this. Using this as a system for a "free raffle" which is totally legal everywhere, or for a contest even where you have to post something in a thread to get an "entry", that could be done. It doesn't seem like that's the purpose, but then again it seems this is very flexible.

Both versions allow a raffle to be set up where a user is only allowed 1 entry (cost or no cost).

The XF1 version is used on literally hundreds of sites (though it may be disguised with different templates and customizations). It is my second most popular add-on.

Nice. Now I just need to figure that side of it out :LOL:
The XF2 version of our Credits mod will take full advantage of the new Purchasing API in XF2, and I'm sure the same will be true for all of the excellent competing products out there :)

Common to all Credits / Points mods that allow you to purchase points for real money is; If you wanted to sell raffle tickets for real money, you would set up a new currency in your points mod of choice that could not be earned through regular means*. You would then instruct Raffles to use this currency to charge people for entries.

* For our DragonByte Credits mod, the way you would do this is to only set up a Purchase event, no Thread or Post event or any other event. That would ensure this currency could only be gained through real money trading (RMT).
If you wanted to reward community participation, you could either add the aforementioned Thread / Post etc events at a significantly reduced earning rate, or you could setup Transfer events that would let people exchange your regular forum currency for this "premium" currency at a reduced rate.

Fillip

Hey Snog i recently purchased this addon, but i'm having little bit of trouble i get this:

Code:
XF\Db\Exception: MySQL query error [1366]: Incorrect string value: '\xF0\x9F\x8E\x82 \xF0...' for column 'phrase_text' at row 1 in src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php at line 183
XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 66
XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 67
XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 144
XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->insert() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 1697
XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->_saveToSource() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 1441
XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save() in src/XF/AddOn/DataType/Phrase.php at line 78
XF\AddOn\DataType\Phrase->importAddOnData() in src/XF/Job/AddOnData.php at line 108
XF\Job\AddOnData->run() in src/XF/Job/Manager.php at line 193
XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal() in src/XF/Job/Manager.php at line 140
XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry() in src/XF/Job/Manager.php at line 76
XF\Job\Manager->runQueue() in src/XF/Admin/Controller/Tools.php at line 105
XF\Admin\Controller\Tools->actionRunJob() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 232
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 85
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 41
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 1771
XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 319
XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13

Hey Snog i recently purchased this addon, but i'm having little bit of trouble i get this:
That's a XenForo error not related to the add-on itself. I'm guessing it has to do with your database encoding, but you might want to check with them to be sure.

But I will double check it on my end too.

EDIT: Installed with no errors on my end. So, it appears to be a problem with your database encoding as I said.

Last edited:
database encoding ? i have everything set up correctly even with the utf8mb4 and still i get those errors it started with the cakeday addon and from there every addon i install i get errors now. Yup i can confirm now that i uninstall any addon i get that error,
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

and this is what is see only.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
database encoding ? i have everything set up correctly even with the utf8mb4 and still i get those errors it started with the cakeday addon and from there every addon i install i get errors now. Yup i can confirm now that i uninstall any addon i get that error,

and this is what is see only.
What I'm saying is that the error is coming from XenForo itself and is not related to this add-on (evidence being all add-ons have the same error). I am only guessing it's an encoding problem, I'm not saying it is.

It works now after updating to xenforo 2.0 beta 2 .

Edit: I apologize snog i guess it was the addon cakeday causing that issue.

Last edited:
Hey snog I've just created a raffle, but i got a few errors that showed up, any ideas ? the template error is because of the dynamic avatar styling addon ?

Attachments

• errors.webp
    errors.webp
    70.1 KB · Views: 40
  • error2.webp
    error2.webp
    63 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Hey snog I've just created a raffle, but i got a few errors that showed up, any ideas ? the template error maybe the dynamic avatar styling addon ?
I didn't see the 2 errors at first. But, one was a template problem. The other was a change in XF 2 that caused the problem.

Download the add-on again. Upload all of the files to your server. Then go to Admin->Add-ons and select "Rebuild" from the dropdown menu for the Raffles add-on.

@Snog i'm interested in your addon but have a few questions before.

Do this addon use the poll system for raffles?

If a User upload a entity. Do i get then an Information about it and can choose to delete the entity if it's not following the rules i set in this raffle?

Is it possible to try out the addon in your site before i buy the addon?

@Snog i'm interested in your addon but have a few questions before.

Do this addon use the poll system for raffles?

If a User upload a entity. Do i get then an Information about it and can choose to delete the entity if it's not following the rules i set in this raffle?

Is it possible to try out the addon in your site before i buy the addon?
The poll system is not used for raffles.

I don't understand what you mean by "upload a entity". There isn't anything for a user to upload to a raffle. Raffles can only be created by an admin.

There is no demo of the XF 2 version at this time.

Top Bottom