[OzzModz] Raffles for XenForo

[OzzModz] Raffles for XenForo [Paid] 2.0.15

No permission to buy ($39.00)
There is no way to give "automatic" entries in a raffle. A user must enter manually.
Ok, I was kinda hoping that it worked like the trophy system where each rule builds up to a different trophy, except that instead of "points" towards that specific trophy, a raffle entry.

Is that something that you'd consider implementing?

If not, I think the user group system might work with user group promotions... I'll look more into it; but, didn't want to overcomplicate things with like 25+ user groups.

Follow up question:

If I did user groups and allowed these groups these entries:
Group A, 5
Group B, 10
Group C, 15

And these members belong to these groups, would their maximum raffle entries be combined or just that of the highest, i.e.:

Member name; User groups; Raffle entries
Member1; A, C; 20 entries (or high of 15 or low of 5)
Member2; B; 10 entries
Member3; B, C; 25 entries (or high of 15 or low of 10)

If they belong to groups B & C, only Group C would apply.
Ah, ok. Would you be willing to open it up to adding all raffles of all groups they belong to? This would allow for multiple abilities to gain more raffle points in different manners.

Say someone only wants to post threads, they'd get in group A. But, if they write reviews, they could get in group B. But if they do both, they would only get 10 entries, disincentivizing posting threads as they couldn't get in A for the additional 5 entries.

I think there might be a way of merging groups after things are all said and done to get the maximum, but can't wrap my head around it, and imagine even more user groups would need to be created...

Thanks! :)

I'm thinking 3 major groups for this, but let's say A=5, B=10, C=20.

You would need to be in group X to get in A; X and Y to get in B; and then X, Y, and Z to get into C for maximum points through 6 user groups and user promotions. Would this be a way around it?

If necessary, but it should be as mobile friendly as XF is now considering it uses XenForo template syntax.

Hello @ozzy47,
I own a license for this add-on.
Here are 3 things we have noticed that are a must!

1. Social integration - (similar to Rafflecopter) - Allow us to set more entries for social actions. Example: We want to give our member more entries for each action - Follow Facebook page 10 entries, Like Facebook page X 15 entries, Follow Twitter 5 entries. See how Rafflecopter thought of this. This is a must in 2019.

2. A bug fix - we cannot publish a raffle (just viewing with a grey out Enter button) without the users being able to enter. The raffle can't just be displayed and a later date set to be the start, this happens because the URL of the raffle is easy to guess, it contains a number which increases by 1.

3. Linked discussion thread - Put a tab in the raffle to allow members to switch to the discussion thread. In the thread a tab link to the raffle, similar to the resources tabs.

There are a few more bugs, however the above are, in my opinion, critical.

Last edited:
Also, please fix the Start/End tab non-sense with the "Guests' time zone. This is just crazy, we cannot edit a raffle without constantly worrying about the Start/End date and time, if you don't want to, at least give us a check-box that over-runs this non-sense. I don't know if @Snog has ever held a contest, however, this is the most annoying thing I've ever seen. Give us a checkbox to make the start date and time fixed to the server hour for those of us who want this.

Start/End tab

Depends on the "Guests' time zone (checkbox 1)
Depends on the server time zone (checkbox 2)

Last edited:
1. Social integration - (similar to Rafflecopter) - Allow us to set more entries for social actions. Example: We want to give our member more entries for each action - Follow Facebook page 10 entries, Like Facebook page X 15 entries, Follow Twitter 5 entries. See how Rafflecopter thought of this. This is a must in 2019.
Unfortunately this is something I have no intention of adding.

2. A bug fix - we cannot publish a raffle (just viewing with a grey out Enter button) without the users being able to enter. The raffle can't just be displayed and a later date set to be the start, this happens because the URL of the raffle is easy to guess, it contains a number which increases by 1.
I will get this big fixed in the next version. I'll try to get it out this week.

3. Linked discussion thread - Put a tab in the raffle to allow members to switch to the discussion thread. In the thread a tab link to the raffle, similar to the resources tabs
I'll add this to the wish list. Due note though that it is no guarantee that it will ever be added.

Also, please fix the Start/End tab non-sense with the "Guests' time zone. This is just crazy, we cannot edit a raffle without constantly worrying about the Start/End date and time, if you don't want to, at least give us a check-box that over-runs this non-sense. I don't know if @Snog has ever held a contest, however, this is the most annoying thing I've ever seen. Give us a checkbox to make the start date and time fixed to the server hour for those of us who want this.

Start/End tab

Depends on the "Guests' time zone (checkbox 1)
Depends on the server time zone (checkbox 2)
There is a reason raffles are keyed to the guest time zone. Some user's servers are locked into a totally different time zone than the one they want used on their site. For example, a user might be in New York but their server is in Hong Kong. So if they create a raffle to start at 11:00am eastern today and the server timezone was used, the raffle would start the moment they saved it because it's roughly 12:00am the next day in Hong Kong (11am today has already passed). That situation is more common than you might think and Snog had to deal with it in both vB and XenForo. XenForo locks into the UTC timezone and uses the guest time zone or the user's timezone for all operations after that.

The simple solution is to set the guest time zone in XF to your server time zone or to your admin user time zone.

@Snog

Since updating to 2.0.11 I've had an issue with three outdated templates. I've customized all three but no matter what I've tried they still show up on the outdated list, with the custom version being 2.0.11 and the parent version being 2.1.0. Is it possible the parent version number is incorrect?

1575398444970.webp

I’ll have to look into that, but I am pretty sure you can safely ignore them for now.

It's not causing any issues aside from the annoying outdated template warning. I'm just hoping it's resolved in the next version if it is an incorrect version. Bonus points if you could tell me how to update it to make the message go away :D

I do have another bug to fix in the addon, so I’ll address that at the same time. If things go as planned, hopefully this weekend.

Top Bottom