Raffles for XenForo 1.x [Deleted]

thanks snog, will purchase later.

just a note on giving permission to regualr members to create raffles. after begging you for a while you finally relented and made me an addon to do this in your vb version and it was fantastic. never had a problem with it and saved me lot of time creating raffles
That's true I did a private mod for you for the vB version. That does not mean I would ever build it back into the base system, or that it was distributed to anyone else.

This was my all time favourite vBulletin add on when I use to use vBulletin. :)

Great to see you have ported it over!

Good luck with it. :D

I like that, more ways to get one entry, not only based by usergroup, have more criterias! Some scripts are capable to force like / tweet to unlock X content.

Another thing, the usergroups allowed to enter raffles is a global settings or a raffle one? Because i would like to make one raffle only available to the VIP Members usergroup.

Which usergroups can enter a raffle are set on a per raffle basis. Not globally.

Who can enter can be set by these criteria..
Usergroup (number of entries per usergroup can also be set)
Number of messages
Number of points if a cost is set for the raffle (if using a point system or even trophy points)

Could you make certain usergroups like premium members have ability to create raffles and set prizes. I will purchase for sure if this is added.

Where do we create a raffle? I entered Raffle Admin User ID and expected some extra functionality for the user but nothing showed up? Thanks.

You would do it in your ACP - Applications - Raffles. here you will find

Raffles

Edit Raffles
Raffle Entries
Raffle Options

Could you make certain usergroups like premium members have ability to create raffles and set prizes. I will purchase for sure if this is added.

I would have still purchased it if it had only half of the functionality it has now (y)

I thought long and hard about this and I won't add the ability for usegroups to create raffles for anyone.

BUT, since someone would eventually discover this on their own, there is a way to allow individual users to create raffles.

The way I look at it is, if you trust someone enough to create a raffle that could negatively impact your site if it's not what it says it is then you trust them enough to give them limited admin access.

You can allow individual members to create raffles by adding them as an Administrator, DO NOT change their usergroup, and ONLY set the 'Administer Raffles' permission.

Once that's done, they should only have access to the 'Edit Raffles' and 'Raffle Entries' selections under the 'Applications' tab in the ACP.

If they have access to anything else, such as another mod, you need to contact whoever wrote that mod to have them properly designate Admin permissions for their mod. I won't change my coding to compensate for another mod's lack of security.

I found it, but it only appeared for the super admin.
Go to ACP->Users->Administrators and give what ever admin you're accessing the ACP with 'Administer Raffles' permission.

That's step 4 in the README.txt file. ;)

It is a lot of information, but it's all needed for each raffle because every raffle can be different and every site will run a raffle slightly differently.

Top Bottom