Fixed  Quicknav quirk

Kuma

The QuickNav (drop down arrow on the breadcrumb ) If you click on the same page you are on it moves down a little and does not go away. For example on the forum home if you click on Official Forums it does not go away and just moves you down.

Either remove the link for the current page, or just make it go away ;)

I can't reproduce this. :) Actually, nevermind. It only occurs on Forum Home. For example, go to the Bug Reports forum, then do the same thing (open quicknav, select Bug Reports). It works as expected. So the bug only involves forum home. :)

Because you're not linking to a remote page, but to an anchor on the same page. You're already there. So it's not doing a refresh, so it's not going away.
Going to the same page you're on doesn't require a load. And since you're not clicking outside the lightbox area, it isn't closing.
It's working as designed, I don't consider this a bug to be honest. It's just how html works.

Because you're not linking to a remote page, but to an anchor on the same page. You're already there. So it's not doing a refresh, so it's not going away.
Going to the same page you're on doesn't require a load. And since you're not clicking outside the lightbox area, it isn't closing.
It's working as designed, I don't consider this a bug to be honest. It's just how html works.

I disagree. It looks like nothing is happening at all, especially if you have a large screen resolution. When you click on the link and you're already there, the lightbox should close. Otherwise it's just confusing and annoying. :)

@Eriksrocks -- It looks like nothing happens, since your monitor is big. If you make your browsers window smaller, it will scroll down the page a bit to the forum section you clicked.

@Floris -- Yes, it is how HTML works, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be fixed. Just close the overlay (with Javascript) after clicking one of the items. If the item clicked is on the same page as you are, you will jump to it and the menu will be gone.

@Eriksrocks -- It looks like nothing happens, since your monitor is big. If you make your browsers window smaller, it will scroll down the page a bit to the forum section you clicked.

Yeah, I was agreeing with you: it should be closed with JavaScript. :)

Top Bottom