Quick question about image resizing ...

I should clarify, at present users are not able to upload attachments and typically link to off-site images. I can't really change that on a large scale, because my users will overwhelm my available space pretty quickly.

Images are automatically resized to the window, click to view them full size. See below.

Marvin_Musquin_wallpaper.jpg

uh ... wow. Thanks! So will they resize to the forum width in a fixed-width scenario?
That is correct.

In a fluid setup it'll be the same size as your browser window unless your window is smaller than the min-width of the forum. For example make your browser window really small and look at the above image.

Note the limitations mentioned in the FAQ.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/frequently-asked-questions.5183/#post-180445

Why can't I upload an image, even though it is smaller than the maximum dimensions (pixels) permitted?
Server-side file size (KB) resizing is not supported. Any files which are larger than the maximum size specified in the ACP -> Options -> Attachments: Maximum Attachment File Size (KB) will be rejected.

Why can I upload an image, even though it is larger than the maximum file size (KB) permitted?
Uploaded files are first resized based on the maximum physical dimensions (pixels) set in the ACP -> Options -> Attachments: Maximum Attachment Image Dimensions. If the resized image is below the maximum file size (KB) limit, then it will be allowed.
Note that with XenForo 1.1 and above, images of 16 megapixels and over will not be resized; this is to prevent fatal errors due to running out of memory. If the Maximum Attachment Image Dimensions combined total (width x height) is set lower than this limit, images greater than 16 megapixels, or with a dimension larger than that permitted, will be rejected with an error stating The uploaded image is too big. If the Maximum Attachment Image Dimensions combined total (width x height) is set to 0 or greater than 16 megapixels, the image will appear as an attachment without a thumbnail.

Top Bottom