1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

question about the news feed

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by aiman.h.kallaf, Mar 28, 2012.

1. aiman.h.kallaf

aiman.h.kallaf Active Member

will disabling the news feed ( so that other people don't steel my site topic automatically ) effect the inside forum feed ( alerts , members follows and followed alerts )
  2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Do you mean you want to disable the RSS feed? There is no option to disable the RSS feed.

I wouldn't call it stealing. The RSS feed allows other sites to post your forum links. They have to click the links to read the content.
    aiman.h.kallaf likes this.
  3. aiman.h.kallaf

yes i mean the rss feed , I'm not sure where i read this but many people steel the forum topics through it using boots , or so I've been reading for quite a while now
  4. ragtek

ragtek Guest

the good thing with the VERY BAD rss feed in xenforo is, that it doesn't show the content
  5. SchmitzIT

SchmitzIT Well-Known Member

I see that as a very bad thing, actually... It pretty much makes the whole RSS useless.
    gordy likes this.
  6. ragtek

ragtek Guest

that was ironic^^
  7. aiman.h.kallaf

that is great , i did not know that because i was worrying about how to stop it without even brother looking at it.
    it is enough headache worrying about people steeling topics manually .