XF 2.2 Question about hiding nodes, categories, and forums

BubbaLovesCheese

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out the permissions for Nodes, Categories, Forums, and Sub Forums....

My Setup:

Private Category
= Main Forum 1​
== Sub Forum 1.1​
== Sub Forum 1.2​
= Main Forum 2​
== Sub Forum 2.1​
== Sub Forum 2.2​

So in the Permissions section of the Private Category, I checked the Private Node box. The Private Category is now hidden from everyone, as far as I can tell.

Questions:

1) Are all the Main Forums and Sub Forums in the Private Category also completely hidden, or are they accessible if someone knows the URL?

2) How can I make only Main Forum 2 (and it's Sub Forums 2.1, 2.2) visible to a specific User Group, like User Group: Mods for example?
(While keeping Main Forum 1 hidden)

Thank you!

1) Are all the Main Forums and Sub Forums in the Private Category also completely hidden
Any child nodes inherit the permissions from the parent (if they don't have their own custom permissions), so they will also be private.

2) How can I make only Main Forum 2 (and it's Sub Forums 2.1, 2.2) visible to a specific User Group, like User Group: Mods for example?
(While keeping Main Forum 1 hidden)
You need to make the parent node a private forum but allow the view permission for the user group you want to be able to access nodes under it.
Then make any nodes you don't want them to have access to private.

Like so:

Private Category (set as private with view node allow for e.g. Registered user group)
= Main Forum 1 (set as private)
== Sub Forum 1.1
== Sub Forum 1.2
= Main Forum 2
== Sub Forum 2.1
== Sub Forum 2.2

Top Bottom