Quark

Quark 1.5.22.0

No permission to download
The search box, if I select to place it in the user bar then I get the black bar up top like in my photo, that is one problem. But I would like to have the search in the user bar only displaying the search symbol itself, I use to be able to do this before the update.

The search box, if I select to place it in the user bar then I get the black bar up top like in my photo, that is one problem. But I would like to have the search in the user bar only displaying the search symbol itself, I use to be able to do this before the update.
You still can. Go to UI.X Search and where it says viewport to display icon, put 100%.

My problem is if I goto:

Style Properties: ├ [UI.X] Search

and then change "Search Position" to "User Bar" and then click save everything looks good until I log out. Then when I log out I get this black bar up top:

1.webp

This is without modifying the viewport display. If I leave the search position to "breadcrumb" then log out the black bar is not there like it should be. Seems like it's a bug when you change it to "User Bar".

My problem is if I goto:

Style Properties: ├ [UI.X] Search

and then change "Search Position" to "User Bar" and then click save everything looks good until I log out. Then when I log out I get this black bar up top:

View attachment 99004

This is without modifying the viewport display. If I leave the search position to "breadcrumb" then log out the black bar is not there like it should be. Seems like it's a bug when you change it to "User Bar".
Hmm if you dont mind create a ticket with credentials and Ill take a look.

Hey Mike what's all this commented entity html in the header? I have it on my Quark and Anti-quark

Code:
    <!--

&lt;li class=&quot;navTab&quot;&gt;
                &lt;a href=&quot;admin.php&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; class=&quot;acp adminLink navLink&quot;&gt;
                    &lt;i class=&quot;uix_icon uix_icon-admin&quot;&gt;&lt;/i&gt;
                    &lt;span class=&quot;itemLabel&quot;&gt;Admin&lt;/span&gt;
                &lt;/a&gt;
            &lt;/li&gt;

&lt;a href=&quot;reports/&quot; class=&quot;reportedItems modLink navLink&quot;&gt;
                    &lt;i class=&quot;uix_icon uix_icon-reports&quot;&gt;&lt;/i&gt;
                    &lt;span class=&quot;itemLabel&quot;&gt;Reports:&lt;/span&gt;
                    &lt;strong class=&quot;itemCount &quot; title=&quot;&quot;&gt;
                        &lt;span class=&quot;Total&quot;&gt;

&lt;/span&gt;
                        &lt;span class=&quot;arrow&quot;&gt;&lt;/span&gt;
                    &lt;/strong&gt;
                &lt;/a&gt;
            &lt;/li&gt;

&lt;li class=&quot;navTab admin Popup PopupControl PopupClosed&quot;&gt;
            &lt;a href=&quot;admin.php&quot; class=&quot;navLink NoPopupGadget&quot; rel=&quot;Menu&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot;&gt;
                &lt;strong class=&quot;itemCount&quot;&gt;
                    &lt;span class=&quot;Total&quot;&gt;0&lt;/span&gt;
                &lt;/strong&gt;  
            &lt;/a&gt;
            &lt;div class=&quot;uix_adminMenu Menu JsOnly tabMenu&quot;&gt;
                &lt;div class=&quot;primaryContent menuHeader&quot;&gt;&lt;h3&gt;

Admin
                 Menu

&lt;/h3&gt;&lt;/div&gt;
                &lt;ul class=&quot;secondaryContent blockLinksList&quot;&gt;

&lt;a href=&quot;admin.php&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; class=&quot;acp adminLink navLink&quot;&gt;
                            &lt;/a&gt;
                        &lt;/li&gt;

&lt;a href=&quot;reports/&quot; class=&quot;reportedItems modLink navLink&quot;&gt;

&lt;/span&gt;
                                &lt;/strong&gt;
                            &lt;/a&gt;
                        &lt;/li&gt;

&lt;/ul&gt;
            &lt;/div&gt;      
        &lt;/li&gt;

-->

Hey Mike what's all this commented entity html in the header? I have it on my Quark and Anti-quark

Code:
    <!--

&lt;/a&gt;
            &lt;/li&gt;

&lt;/span&gt;
                    &lt;/strong&gt;
                &lt;/a&gt;
            &lt;/li&gt;

&lt;li class=&quot;navTab admin Popup PopupControl PopupClosed&quot;&gt;
            &lt;a href=&quot;admin.php&quot; class=&quot;navLink NoPopupGadget&quot; rel=&quot;Menu&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot;&gt;
                &lt;strong class=&quot;itemCount&quot;&gt;
                    &lt;span class=&quot;Total&quot;&gt;0&lt;/span&gt;
                &lt;/strong&gt; 
            &lt;/a&gt;
            &lt;div class=&quot;uix_adminMenu Menu JsOnly tabMenu&quot;&gt;
                &lt;div class=&quot;primaryContent menuHeader&quot;&gt;&lt;h3&gt;

Admin
                 Menu

&lt;/h3&gt;&lt;/div&gt;
                &lt;ul class=&quot;secondaryContent blockLinksList&quot;&gt;

&lt;/a&gt;
                        &lt;/li&gt;

&lt;/span&gt;
                                &lt;/strong&gt;
                            &lt;/a&gt;
                        &lt;/li&gt;

&lt;/ul&gt;
            &lt;/div&gt;     
        &lt;/li&gt;

-->
Just checked our templates, we don't have any of this. Did you maybe hire someone or work with someone else?

Hell no, I do everything myself.

I just checked the Quark template for page_container_js_head and it contains this:

Code:
<xen:comment>
    #############################################################################################
    @uix_userBarNoContent variable is used in uix_userbar (to add a class for hiding empty userbar)
    and here (for sticky userbar).

Xenforo doesn't have a good way to check if something is empty without writing it to the page
    so we will escape and write our contentcheck to an html comment.
    #############################################################################################
</xen:comment>

<xen:set var="$uix_userBarNoContent">0</xen:set>
<xen:set var="$uix_garbageUserBarContent">
    <xen:hook name="uix_userbar_left_start" />           
    <xen:if is="{$visitor.is_moderator} || {$visitor.is_admin}"><xen:include template="moderator_bar" /></xen:if>       
    <xen:hook name="uix_userbar_left_end" />
    <xen:hook name="uix_userbar_right_start" />           
    <xen:if is="@uix_loginHandleToUserBar && @uix_loginHandleAsNavLink"><xen:include template="uix_loginTab" /></xen:if>           
    <xen:if is="@uix_postPagination && @uix_postPaginationPos == 1 && {$contentTemplate} == 'thread_view'"><li class="navTab audentio_postPagination" id="audentio_postPagination"></li></xen:if>           
    <xen:if is="@uix_searchPosition == 3"><xen:include template="uix_searchTab" /></xen:if>               
    <xen:hook name="uix_userbar_right_end" />
</xen:set>

Just checked our templates, we don't have any of this. Did you maybe hire someone or work with someone else?
I saw this the other day too, it's not just Quark and Antiquark though, also have it on UI.X. Looks like HTML from the moderator_bar template, so only mods see it?

Im sorry @dknife I guess I don't understand the issue. If you are getting strange markup feel free to create a ticket, but I've not seen this or had it reported yet.

Im sorry @dknife I guess I don't understand the issue. If you are getting strange markup feel free to create a ticket, but I've not seen this or had it reported yet.
Heh, he didn't post enough code, the portion outputting that comment is literally right underneath what he posted. :P
Code:
<xen:if hascontent="true">
    <!-- <xen:contentcheck>{xen:escape {$uix_garbageUserBarContent}}</xen:contentcheck> -->
    <xen:set var="$uix_userBarNoContent">1</xen:set>
</xen:if>

Ah OK, Ill let @kylerc explain this one. :)

@Despair , @dknife We will have a better version of this in the next release or two that uses a helper function (now that we have an add-on this is a lot easier), but basically we needed a way to check the contents of userbar to see if the only content present is the visitor tabs. This lets us hide the whole userbar (rather than have an empty bar visible) if the only content inside the userbar is visitor tabs and you are moving visitor tabs to an offcanvas trigger in the navigation bar but still show the userbar at sizes when visitor tabs don't move to the offcanvas menu. We wanted this functionality because the offcanvas triggers are most useful if their parent element is sticky and are generally only used on small screen sizes where you might not want a sticky userbar as well as userbar. Unfortunately we couldn't do a simple == because of possible white space so we had to use Xenforo's contentcheck but didn't want to write the content we were checking to the screen. We ended up arriving at the solution you mention above which isn't the cleanest I agree, but we wanted to release with offcanvas visitor tabs so we went with the html comment. Thankfully, once we have finished up the helper function outputting the content will no longer be necessary.

Umm... so I only had a little bit of time today to finally play with Quark and noticed that the "Quark's Custom Postbit" setting no longer exists. Hopefully this isn't the case and I am missing a setting or something, albeit I see the relevant CSS is also missing from the templates, so it looks like it was removed purposely... That was the best part of Quark IMO that made it unique, otherwise it's almost UI.X with a different color palette. What was the issue with it that required it to be removed?

Hey @Mike Creuzer is IE9 still supported? I'm getting completely blank node content area and footer is stacked instead of horizontal. Testing on IE9 and IE9 document mode in IE11 as well, both exhibit the same issue.

My sidebar toggle button does not show up even though it's activated in the style. Where can I find it?

There is a permission for this now. If you go to usergroup permissions > UI.X Permissions you should find that. So now you can give the ability to toggle sidebar only to specific usergroups.

Umm... so I only had a little bit of time today to finally play with Quark and noticed that the "Quark's Custom Postbit" setting no longer exists. Hopefully this isn't the case and I am missing a setting or something, albeit I see the relevant CSS is also missing from the templates, so it looks like it was removed purposely... That was the best part of Quark IMO that made it unique, otherwise it's almost UI.X with a different color palette. What was the issue with it that required it to be removed?

Yes it was removed, but the reason was because it was using old code (2 years old) that didn't really jive well with UI.X. I think what we'll end up doing is just styling the default non-classic postbit to be how that was before. But the avatar I'm not sure if we're going to move it over like we did before because that was the biggest complaint about the posbit.

Hey @Mike Creuzer is IE9 still supported? I'm getting completely blank node content area and footer is stacked instead of horizontal. Testing on IE9 and IE9 document mode in IE11 as well, both exhibit the same issue.

Hmm. Thats a good question :P. But yes we support whatever XenForo does. That said, some features might not work well, such as flexbox, which we should have fallbacks for.

Would you mind if you gave us a link in a ticket at audentio.com? Will test IE9 and see what we can do :)

Top Bottom